Chapter 4

"Deborah?" Ben calls from his office.

"Yes, Your Majesty?" Deborah replies.

"Can you ask Lumiere to call me regarding Cotillion?" he requests.

"Yes, sir."

"Thank you." 

With a small bow, Deborah exits the room just as Evie and Y/n enter.

"Ben?" Evie knocks.

"Evie! Y/n! Come on in," Ben gestures, getting up from his seat. He notices their grim expression and waits for them to say whatever they came to.

"Mal...." Evie starts. 

"She's gone back to the Isle. Ben..." y/n trails off.

"This is my fault. This is my fault," he says, barely staying calm.

"I-I blew it. She'd been under so much pressure lately, and instead of being understanding, I just went all Beast on her. I have to go there and apologize. I have to go there and--and beg her to come back," he says frantically while staring out the window and to the Isle of the Lost.

"Ben, you'll never find her," Evie states.

"Even if you're close to finding her, she'll run away the second she gets the chance," y/n sighs.

"I--" Ben stammers.

"You need to know how the Isle and how it works and... you have to take us with you," Evie says.

"Yes! Uh are you sure?" he asks.

"Yeah. She's our best friend," Evie replies. 

"And we'll bring the boys too, because there's safety in numbers, and none of us is really too popular over there right now. At least I hope," y/n adds.

"Thank you!" Ben exclaims.

"But let's get two things straight," Evie says seriously. "You have to promise me that I won't get stuck there again."

"Me neither," y/n says.

"Of course," Evie replies softly.

"I promise," Ben swears.

"And there's no way you're going looking like that," Evie comments.

"Jay, keys, remote," Ben says to Jay as they prepare to go to the Isle of the Lost along with Evie, Y/n, and Carlos.

"Wait. Something's wrong," Evie says. "There," she pulls down Ben's beanie a little. Y/n just rolls her eyes playfully and opens the limo door.

"Shotgun," a voice calls. When everyone turns around, they see it was Dude who was speaking.

"No Dude, stay. The isle is way too dangerous," Carlos orders.

"Did he just...?" Jay trails off.

"Talk? Yeah, I know. I tell you later," Carlos replies.

"Lets go," Ben says.

All five of them hop in the limo and head to the Isle, mostly in silence as they are thinking about Mal and how to convince her to come back. Once they arrive, they immediately get out of the car and park it in a garage.

"Ben, help me with the tarp. Jay!" Carlos says as he drags a huge tarp over the car.

"Yeah. I got it."

"It's really weird being back here," Evie comments.

"Agreed," y/n says.

"We'll get in and get out," Jay states.