Chapter 12

Y/n and Carlos were hanging out in his dorm playing a video game together while Jay was at tourney practice.
"Ha! Take that! I beat you three times in a row!" Y/n said to Carlos as they continued to play the game.
"Not this time," he replied and won the match. "Told you so," he smirks.
"Very funny. Let's do a rematch," y/n says.
"How about something else?" He says.
"Like what?" She asks. Then, without warning, he picks her up and spins her around before setting her down and kissing her deeply. She kisses him back, wrapping her arms around his neck. He picks her up again and places her on his bed, sitting down next to her. She sits in his lap and leans her head against his chest, but then yawns slightly.
"Someone's tired," Carlos chuckles and kisses the top of her head. She nuzzles into his chest a little more. "You up for a nap? I don't Jay will be back soon," y/n says with a smile.
"Don't need to ask me twice," Carlos yawns and lays next to y/n as she lays down on his bed under the blanket. She moves closer to him and rests her head on his chest. He wraps his arms around her waist and pulls her closer to him, resting his head on hers.
An hour later, they hear a loud knock on the door. Y/n groggily sits up, disturbed by the sound. Carlos gets up too, awakened by the loud banging on the door. Y/n groans and gets off the bed to answer the door, and Carlos does the same. "Who is that?" Carlos asks.
"Let's find out," y/n replies. She opens the door and finds an angry-looking Mal, who barges into the room the moment the door opens.
"Y/n! Where were you?! I've been looking for you for half an hour!" Mal screams.
"Geez, calm down girl, what happened to you?" Carlos chuckles, earning a threatening glare from Mal.
"I was here this whole time, and why are you screaming?" Y/n says, annoyed.
"Sorry, I just really need your help." "With what?" "I'll tell you but we need to find Evie first," Mal grabs her hand and drags her towards the door. "Wait but-" Carlos starts. "I'll be back soon," y/n says before Mal darts off somewhere, y/n following right behind her.
They find Evie on a bench talking to Doug, and Mal pulls her away too. She drags both of them back to their dorm room and Evie asks, "What happened Mal?"
"Yeah, why did you bring us here?" Y/n adds.
"Because," Mal huffs. "Ben has asked me out on a... date," Mal finishes, looking grumpy.
Y/n and Evie look at each other and squeal, and Mal rolls her eyes at them.
Evie gets the makeup and y/n picks her outfit and combs her hair.
"Okay. Easy on the blush. I don't want to scare him away," she tells Evie.
"Not that you could," y/n jokes.
"Please. My mom taught me how to apply blush before I could talk. Always use upward strokes," she says.
"My mom was never really big on makeup tips. I never had a sister," Mal says sadly.
"Well, now you have two," y/n says.
"We're going to need all the family we can get if we don't pull this off. My mother's not a barrel of laughs when she doesn't get her way. Just ask Snow White," Evie jokes.
"Are you afraid of your parents?" Mal asks them.
"Occasionally," y/n says.
"Sometimes," Evie replies. "Are you afraid of your mom?"
"I just really want her to be proud of me," Mal says. "She gets so angry with me when I disappoint her. And she... yeah, she's my mom, so I know she loves me... in her own way."
"I get that," Y/n says while staring at the ground.
"Moving on. Come see," Evie says just as she and y/n finish getting Mal ready for her date.
"Are we done?" Mal asks.
"Yeah," Evie and y/n say at the same time.
Mal looks at herself in the mirror, surprise etched across her face.
"I know," Evie says.
"I look..." Mal starts.
"Say it," y/n urges.
"Not hideous," Mal finishes.
"Not even close," y/n says with a smile.
Just then, there's a knock on the door, and Mal opens it to see Ben with two bike helmets in his hands.
"For the first time, I understand the difference between pretty and beautiful," he says. Mal chuckles and stares at him in awe. "I hope you like bikes," he says and leads her out the door. Mal gives Evie and y/n a nervous glance before walking away with Ben.
"They're so cute," Evie says.
"They are," y/n agrees.
They hear another knock on the door and y/n opens it. This time, they see Carlos standing in the doorway.
"Hey Carlos, what are you doing here?" Y/n asks.
"Well, I have a surprise for you," he says, holding out his hand. Y/n raises her eyebrow but takes it, waves to Evie, and walks away too.
"What is this surprise?" She asks.
"If I told you, it wouldn't be a surprise," he chuckles.
"Well, at least tell me where we're going," she says.
"You'll see," he replies. He intertwines their fingers and leads her through the school, and finally, they arrive at the secret destination.
"Carlos, this is beautiful," y/n gasps.
"So you like it?" He asks.
"I love it," she states. She kisses his cheek and looks around, Carlos standing beside her and wrapping his arm around her waist. She leans into him and enjoys the beauty of the place he brought her to.
She looks infront of her and sees the roof of the school decorated with lights dangling from the trees, rose petals scattered on the floor, and a picnic blanket with a basket on it.
"Did you do this?" She asks in surprise.
"Took all afternoon," he replies with a smile. She returns the smile and gives him a quick kiss before sitting down on the picnic blanket. He sits down next to her and opens the basket.
"I hope you like chocolate-covered strawberries," he says. She smiles in return so he puts one in her mouth and picks up another one for himself.
"These are delicious!" She exclaims.
"I'm glad you like them," he says and gently kisses the top of her head.
After they finished eating the strawberries, they sat next to each other while watching the sun set in the distance. Carlos wraps his arm around y/n's waist and she leans her head on his shoulder.
"Thank you for doing this for me," y/n says with a smile.
"Anything for you sweetheart," he replies, making y/n blush. He pulls her closer to him as the sun dips into the land, causing the moon to rise and night to fall on Auradon. Y/n yawns a little bit and her eyes start to droop.
"Are you tired?" Carlos asks.
"A little," she replies. She closes her eyes a bit, not knowing she would fall asleep. Soon she drifts off to sleep in Carlos' arms, her head laying on his shoulder and his arm still wrapped around her waist.