Chapter 4

Y/n woke up a little while before they arrived at Auradon Prep. She saw Carlos grab a piece of cloth, and for some reason Jay tried grabbing it out of his hand. Soon enough, they started fighting over it. Y/n, Mal, and Evie got out of the limo while Carlos and Jay tumbled out, still fighting over the cloth.
"Oh! Ah! Ow! Stop! You got everything else! Why do you want whatever this is?" Carlos says to Jay.
"'Cause you want it!" Jay replies.
"No! Give it to me! Ow! Let go!" Carlos says, trying to take the cloth from Jay.
"Guys, guys, guys! We have an audience," Mal says.
"Get up," y/n whispers to both of them.
"Just cleaning up. Get up," he says to Carlos.
"Leave it like you found it! And by that, I mean just leave it," says a woman dressed in light blue.
"Hello, foxy. The name's Jay," Jay says as he approaches a girl around their age who is dressed in pink. She laughs nervously before the woman steps between them.
"Welcome to Auradon prep," she says. "I'm fairy godmother, headmistress."
"The fairy godmother?" Mal asks
"As in, "Bibbidi-bobbidi-boo"?" Y/n adds.
"Bibbidi-bobbidi. You know it," she replies.
"Yeah, I always wondered what it felt like for Cinderella when you just appeared, out of nowhere, with that sparkly wand and warm smile," Mal says. Fairy godmother smiles at her.
"And that sparkling wand," Mal adds. Y/n steps on her foot slightly so she doesn't give away the secret mission.
"That was a long time ago. And as I always say, 'don't focus on the past or you'll miss the future'," says Fairy Godmother.
"It's so good to finally meet you all. I'm Ben," says Ben.
"Prince Benjamin. Soon to be king," the girl in pink says, interlinking their arms. Y/n instantly disliked this girl. She shares a look with Carlos and realises that he doesn't like her either.
"You had me at prince. My mom's a queen, which makes me a princess," Evie says, as she bows in courtesy.
"The evil queen has no royal status here and neither do you," the girl in pink says with a sickly-sweet smile.
"And when exactly did we ask for your opinion?" Y/n asks sarcastically. "Oh, that's right, never." She gives her the same sickly-sweet smile as Audrey looks taken aback.
"This is Audrey," Ben says.
"Princess Audrey. His girlfriend," Audrey adds. "Right, Bennyboo?" Ben ignores her and turns his attention to the VKs.
"Ben and Audrey are going to show you all around, and I'll see you tomorrow. The doors of wisdom are never shut. But the library hours are from 8:00 to 11:00. And as you may have heard, I have a little thing about curfews," Fairy Godmother says.
"It is so, so, so good to finally... meet you all," Ben says as he tries to hand Jay's hand, who instead punches his chest. He shakes Mal, y/n, and Evie's hand, but lingers a little on Mal. He then moves on to Carlos. "This is a momentous occasion, and one that I hope will go down in history... Is that chocolate?" he asks, as Carlos licks his chocolate-covered fingers. "As the day our two peoples began to heal," he finishes.
"Or the day that you showed five people where the bathrooms are," Mal jokes.
"A little bit over the top?" he asks.
"A little more than a little bit," she replies.
"Well, so much for my first impression," he says.
"Hey! You're Maleficent's daughter, aren't you?" Audrey suddenly asks. "Yeah, you know what? I totally do not blame you for your mother trying to kill my parents and stuff. Oh, my mom's Aurora. Sleeping-"
"Beauty!" Mal finishes, "Yeah, I've heard the name. You know, and I totally do not blame your grandparents for inviting everyone in the whole world but my mother to their stupid christening."
"Water under the bridge," says Audrey.
"Totes!" Mal replies. They fake laugh and sigh, oddly in sync.
"Okay!" Ben interrupts. "So, how about a tour? Yeah? Auradon prep, originally built over 300 years ago and converted into a high school by my father when he became king." He claps his hands toward the direction of a statue of his father and it transforms into a beast. Carlos screams and accidentally jumps on Jay. "Carlos, It's okay. My father wanted his statue to morph from beast to man to remind us that anything is possible," Ben assured him.
"Does he shed much?" Mal jokes.
"Yeah, mom won't let him on the couch," Ben jokes back.
Before the VKs enter the building, Carlos runs up to y/n and grabs her hand. She smiles and together they go to join the others.
"So you guys have a lot of magic here in Auradon? Like wands and things like that?" Mal asks. Y/n glares at her warningly, so she doesn't accidentally say anything about their mission.
"Yeah, it exists of course, but It's pretty much retired. Most of us here are just ordinary mortals," Ben answers.
"Who happened to be kings and queens," y/n says.
"That's true. Our royal blood goes back hundreds of years," Audrey says. She puts Ben's arm around her, but he takes it off to call someone.
"Doug. Doug, come down," he says to the person he was calling. "This is Doug. He's going to help you with your class schedules and show you the rest of the dorms. I'll see you later, okay? And If there is anything you need, feel free to..." Ben says, but gets cut off by Audrey.
"Ask Doug," she finishes. Y/n rolls her eyes at her, so Audrey gives her a threatening glare. Y/n glares back, her eyes going from her normal eye colour to a mix of colours. Audrey backs off and follows Ben somewhere else.
"Ha," Mal laughs. She fist-bumps y/n, who gives her a fist-bump back.
"Hi, guys. I'm Dopey's son. As in Dopey, Doc, Bashful, Happy, Grumpy, Sleepy, and... Heigh-ho," Doug says after looking at Evie.
"Evie. Evil queen's daughter," Evie says in a flirtatious voice. She reaches out her hand and Doug continues to stare at her but snaps out of his daze.
"Okay. So about your classes, I, uh, put in the requirements already... the history of woodsmen and pirates, safety rules for the Internet, and, uh, remedial goodness 101," he says.
"Let me guess. New class? Come on, guys, let's go find our dorms," Mal says.
"Oh, uh, yeah, your dorms are that way, guys," says Doug. "Dopey, Doc, Bashful, Happy, Grumpy, Sleepy, and..." he mutters.
"Sneezy," Carlos and y/n say at the same time. They share a laugh before Carlos takes y/n's hand and they run up the stairs and join their friends, who give them a suspicious look.