Chapter 7

The next day Mal, Evie, y/n, Carlos, and Jay headed to Remedial Goodness 101. Evie and Mal sat together, so y/n sat with Carlos and Jay.
"If someone hands you a crying baby, do you, A, curse it? B, lock it in a tower? C, give it a bottle? Or D, carve out its heart? Evie," she calls.
"What was the second one?" Evie asks.
"Oh, okay. Anyone else? Mal?" Fairy Godmother says.
"C, give it a bottle," Mal responds.
"Correct. Again," Fairy Godmother says with a smile.
"You are on fire, girl!" Y/n says to Mal.
"Just pick the one that doesn't sound like any fun," Mal says.
The VKs all nod in understanding as Mal says this.
"Hello, dear one," Fairy Godmother says to a girl who looks around their age.
"Hi. You need to sign off on early dismissal for the coronation," the girl says to Fairy Godmother in a squeaky voice.
"Everyone here remembers my daughter, Jane?" Fairy Godmother asks the VKs.
"Mom, no!" Jane exclaims.
"It's okay. Jane, this is everyone," Fairy Godmother introduces her daughter to the VKs.
"Hi. That's okay, don't mind me. As you were," Jane squeaked and ran out of the room.
"Ahem. Let's continue. You find a vial of poison. Do you, A, put it in the king's wine? B, paint it on an apple? Or C, turn it over to the proper authorities? "Jay," she calls this time.
"C. You turn it over to the proper authorities," Jay says proudly.
"I was gonna say that," Carlos whined.
"But I said it first. Come here!" Jay tightened his arm around Carlos' neck and started ruffling his hair.
"Ow!" Carlos exclaims.
"Jay, stop!" Y/n shouts while trying to tear Jay apart from Carlos.
"Come on, who said it first? Who said it first?" Jay taunts.
"Ow! Stop! Ah!" Carlos exclaims again. Y/n slaps Jay's arm hard, making him loosen his grip on Carlos.
"Boys. Boys! I am gonna encourage you to use that energy on the tourney field," Fairy Godmother says.
"Oh, no. That's okay. Whatever that is, We'll... We'll pass," Carlos replies.

*time skip*

Jay and Carlos head to the tourney field, where they put on some uniforms for practice.
"Jay, Ben, offence. Chad, you're defence. Taylor, you're the shooter," says Coach Jenkins.
"Hey. Hey! Hey, you. Lost boy! Put your helmet on. Get out of the kill zone! Come on," Coach Jenkins says to Carlos.
"Kill zone? Wha..." Carlos says, confused. He sees y/n in the stands waving at him, so he waves back before Coach Jenkins says something else to him.
"Pick it up. Put it on! Two hands." Carlos puts on his helmet and runs to the middle of the field. Jay takes the ball with his stick and carries it across the field, hitting players as he goes and avoiding the kill zone. He's right in front of the goal when Carlos screams, "Jay, It's me! It's Carlos! Wait, stop, Jay. Stop! No, no, no, no. No!" Carlos ducks behind his shield as Jay hops onto it and scores the goal.
"Ahh! Oh, yeah! Come on, let's go! Oh! Whoo! Whoo, whoo! Oh! Oh!" Jay exclaims after making the goal.
"What just happened? Who is this guy?" people mutter. Y/n gets down from the bleachers to join Jay and Carlos.
"You! Get over here! What do you call that?" Coach Jenkins shouts at Jay. "I call that raw talent. Come find me later. I'll show you something you haven't seen before. It's called a rule book. Welcome to the team, son," he smiles. He then looks at Carlos. "You ever thought about band?" Jay laughs and Carlos forces a chuckle, but y/n gives the coach a menacing glare.
"I'll work with him, coach," Ben offers.
"All right. Let's run that again," Coach Jenkins calls.
Y/n runs up to Carlos. "You did good," she says with a smile. "Sure," he says sarcastically. "You did, you're gonna be a great player," she says. "I'll see you later, I got to go." "O-ok, bye," Carlos says. Before she goes, she gives him a quick kiss on the cheek and runs off to find Mal and Evie. Carlos touches his cheek with a smile, and looks back at y/n with dreamy eyes, before joining the team again on the field.