Chapter 9

"Mom said, if a boy can't see the beauty within, then he's not worth it." Can you believe it? What world does she live in?" Jane, Fairy Godmother's daughter, whines.
"Auradon," Mal jokes.
"Mal, do you like it?" Evie holds up a dress she was sewing and shows it to Mal.
"Yeah. It's cute," Mal says.
"It brings out your eyes," y/n adds.
"I know," Evie replies.
"I'll never get a boyfriend," Jane complains.
"Boyfriends are overrated," Mal says.
"And how would you know, Mal? You've never had one," Evie says with a smirk.
"It's 'cause I don't need one, E. They're a waste of time," retorts Mal.
"No they're not!" says y/n.
"Ooooh, of course you think so y/n!" Evie teases.
"What are you talking about?" says y/n.
"You and Carlos, silly," Evie says.
"Yeah, it's obvious that you both like each other," Mal adds.
Y/n turns away, blushing. Mal looks at her with a smirk, but then Evie cries out, "I forgot to do Chad's homework! Oh, no! Oh, no, no, no."
"And that is exactly what I mean," Mal states.
"Oh, I just remembered, Carlos asked me if we could meet up. I got to go, bye guys!" Y/n calls as she darts out of the room. She runs down to Carlos' dorm and knocks on the door. He opens it and lets her in.
"Hey," she says.
"Hi," he replies.
"Where's Jay?" she asks.
"Oh, he's with Coach Jenkins, something about Tourney," Carlos says.
"So why did you wanna meet me?" Y/n asks.
"Well, ummm..." Carlos says and trails off, looking at the floor.
"What is it?" Y/n smiles warmly at him. He returns the smile and continues what he was saying.
"Well, I was wondering, since the coronation is coming up, would you wanna be my date? And do you wanna consider maybe being more than friends? he says shyly and quietly, his dark brown eyes glinting with hope.
"Carlos, I would love to go to the coronation with you," y/n says, a blush forming on her face. Carlos looks at her, blushing too. "And yes, I'd love to be more than friends," she finishes. "Really?" He asks. "Really," she replies. "So, can I call you my girlfriend?" he asks, his eyes twinkling with joy. "Yes, that would be amazing," she smiles and pulls him into a hug. He hugs her too, his arms tightly wrapped around her. Then, he picks her up and puts her on his bed, so she crawls into his lap, her arms around his neck. He pulls her close to him and kisses her again, just like he did in the forest. She smiles and kisses him back, and he wraps his arms around her waist, pulling her closer to him. They break apart, and she rests her head on his shoulder and kisses his cheek, her arms still around his neck. He turns her over so her back is against his chest and he rests his head in the crook of her neck, his arms still wrapped around her waist. Y/n leans into him, and he's about to give her another kiss, but they suddenly hear someone knocking on the door. Carlos answers it, and it's Jay. He looks at Carlos and then at y/n, who is still sitting on his bed. She quickly gets up and heads to the door.
"Hi Jay," she says.
"What were you doing here?" he asks suspiciously.
"Oh, nothing," she says and leaves, giving Carlos a quick smile.
"Uh huh," Jay says, and turns to Carlos, punching his shoulder lightly and smirking. Carlos, still blushing, just walks to his bed and lays there, the thought of y/n being there just moments ago filling his mind.