Chapter 62

Curiosity piqued, Kaizen asked Astelle, "What is the gift?"

Seibel pointed to the history book that lay on the table. Astelle picked it up and showed it to Kaizen, revealing the book that had been delivered.

Kaizen's expression soured, and he dismissed Seibel with a stern command. "Leave once your business is concluded."

Seibel respectfully acknowledged Kaizen's order, "Yes, Your Majesty."

Approaching Astelle, Seibel bid her farewell. "I hope to see you again in the future, Lady Astelle."

Astelle replied with a warm smile, "Yes, until we meet again."

After Seibel left, a heavy silence settled in the room, creating an atmosphere of tension. Kaizen, his eyes filled with displeasure and discomfort, fixed his gaze upon Astelle.

"Your Majesty, what have you come here for?"

"I did not come to see you. I came to see Theor," Kaizen answered with the hint of irritation.

"Theor?"

'What does Kaizen have to do with him?'

"Where is he?"

"He is with my grandfather."

Determined to meet Theor, Kaizen instructed the maid, "Call him," signaling his eagerness to speak with Theor.

After a short while, Theor hurriedly made his way to the library.

"Your Majesty!"

Upon spotting Kaizen, his face lit up with joy, and he rushed over to him. Kaizen, equally pleased to see Theor, scooped him up into his arms.

"How have you been?" Kaizen asked, his voice filled with warmth and affection.

Theor, still beaming, "I really like the gift you gave me. The silver soldiers are amazing!"

Witnessing the unexpected closeness between the two of them, a sense of unease washed over Astelle. She couldn't help but feel anxious about the impending separation. However, she reassured herself.

'It'll be fine.'

If Astelle were to depart the following day, it would mean that Theor and Kaizen would never have the chance to see each other again.

"I had promised to take Theor to the theater, but unfortunately, I couldn't find the time. And now, he will be leaving tomorrow." Astelle was taken aback by Kaizen's unexpected statement.

"When did you make that promise?" she asked, her voice filled with surprise.

Noticing Theor's disappointment, Kaizen playfully pinched the young boy's soft cheek. "The fair is open today. Shall we go take a look there?" he suggested.

Excitement sparkled in Theor's eyes as he eagerly replied, "Let's go!"

Astelle, still in a state of shock, exclaimed, "Wait, there's a fair?" The sudden revelation caught her off guard, and she turned to face the two of them.

"Well, since I made a promise to him, I'll take him."

Astelle couldn't hide her concern as she questioned, "Your Majesty and Theor are going alone?" The idea of them venturing out without any company worried her.

"The escorts will follow us," Kaizen assured Astelle.

Astelle, however, had a different concern in mind. She knew that when the emperor went undercover at a fair, the guards would secretly trail behind him. But it seemed as though Kaizen and Theor were left alone, without any visible protection.