42

Recall chapter 16.

Let's go way back to before the girl was admitted to the hospital when she got hit by the RS truck.

Was her name Mika or was she another person?
Let's find out.

There was this girl named y/n; she was the author of this story called "One Piece in real life." She was the biggest one-piece fan; she created the story in the context of real life and powers. She was going for more of a Marvel kind of story since she's the biggest fan.

She was walking at night, writing the a part of her story, the streetlight gave a walking signal, which led her to walk, and a truck came out of nowhere, hit y/n and there she was, lying on the ground while she was holding onto her phone; still, the cursor was blinking.

Sounds a bit familiar?

Y/N was connected to Mika on the day of her accident. Both individuals were on the verge of death, and luckily for y/n, she survived into Mika's body, while unfortunately for Mika, she did not make it out alive with y/n body.

Both of them were linked as the novel's creator and character. For a brief moment, their worlds collided, and they became intertwined. The cause was unknown; we do not know why it happened that way.

Therefore, when y/n came into Mika's body, she recovered all her memories like they were into her own. That is why Y/n did not hesitate when Crocodile was first introduced; she knew what Crocodile would do since she wrote the story. Hence, Shanks was confused as to why she was so calm during the shooting period.

Y/n reversed the story; initially, she created the robot, aka "Crocodile Fake Daughter", as her name because she couldn't come up with a name then, so she ended up using her name on the robot. The robot wasn't much of a character since she was programmed as a human, so y/n, as an author, killed her in the original series. Hence she wrote Crocodile to destroyed the robot as soon as he found Mika and fled to another country.

That was the last of Mika and Crocodile, since much wasn't really known, and her original story was about romance.

In the original plot, shanks was also killed by Crocodile that day.

Y/n changed everything; the original plot wasn't what she expected. As she grows older, y/n previous life memories is slowly fading away and the memories of Mika remains as she turning into the character that she has written. 

She was in love with Sabo, but Koala and Sabo were supposed to be together in the original series.

Her love for Sabo became true, and then every character became different; Koala was sweet, but it reversed.

Everything Y/n changed, inverted in a new side of the character. Koala was the main character of the plot with the three brothers and their friends falling in love with her. And she was supposed to break Sabo free in prison.

Killer was Kid and Shanks's ally, but he turned into an enemy. That is why when y/n possessed, Mika's body, she couldn't picture the flow of her original story. 

Mika was a lively child, as seen in the past, but she had met with her mother who abandoned her before.

Y/n couldn't recall as she never really gave Mika the storyline, she only gave her the side character of being the boys childhood friend only.

In the memories of Mika, she used to like Sabo when they were together as children, but she knew she couldn't be nothing more in the future, so she hid her feelings in the back of her heart.

It grew further open when Y/n, took over her body. 
_______

Recall chapter 8

Flashback (This is going to be just MIKA flashbacks, where it wasn't mentioned in the series, in the next few chapters. We are going into the tale of what really happened to Mika in those three years BEFORE her accident  and moving with Garp.)