Stonebridge College

Kiara's POV

Arriving at the gates of Stonebridge College was overwhelmed because it looked better in person than on the website. The campus was huge the buildings looked modern and the grass looked stunning,it looked like that they just watered the plants.
My mom stopped at the entrance of the college.Looking at students wearing the Stonebridge gear talking with other students,it looked so welcoming.

"We're here."My mom said taking out the keys from ignition.

"It looks beautiful mom." I said looking at the window but I could tell something was bothering her so I asked.

"What's wrong?"

"It's nothing." She replied avoiding eye contact.

"Mom I can tell when something is wrong."

"It's just not to long ago you were 8 and carefree and now you are 17 about to turn 18 already in college,time just flies quickly." she remarked looking on at the staring wheel. I held her hand and responded to what she said.

"Mom I will still visit and you can still visit me." I could see I lighten the mood.

"You're right." She wiped a tear before it ran down her cheek.
"Do you need help carrying your bags up to your dorm?" She asked me.

"No thanks mom besides you still have to pick up Amy and Jason (my siblings) from school and it's a two hour drive from here to the house." I said opening the door and then going to my mom's window of her Volvo XC90. "I'll be fine mom you know me." I reassured her. She sighed because she knew she couldn't fight with me with this one.

"Don't forget to call us."

"I won't."

"I almost forgot Henry (my boyfriend) said I should give you this." She handed me a beautiful necklace, I was speechless but I managed to arter a thank you. I got my bags from the trunk and we said our goodbyes and she left.

*****
"Need a hand?" the sound of a boy's was heard from the back of me. I think he could see that I was struggling to take my bags up the stairs. I turned around and saw a Asian boy around a year or two older than me he had purple hair which I assumed he dyed and he had glasses.He was wearing a plain hoodie with brown cargo pants.

"Sure that would be lovely." I responded almost forgetting that he asked a question.

He introduced himself while picking up my bags."I'm Suki by the way."

"Kiara." I said following him from behind. What felt like forever we finally made it, I was basically breathless when we reached the top.

"Thank you Suki." I said as he put my bags on foot of my dorm room door.

"No worries it was no problem you know if you would like I would l could show you around campus."He smiled.

"I would like that." I said opening the the dorm door. I was greeted by a optimistic and carefree girl. She had red hair that was beautiful and long
"Hi my name is Lexa." She rambled so fast I could barely hear her but never the less I also introduced myself.

"I am Kiara." I raise my hand but she brushed it off and hugged me instead.

I had a good feeling that we would be great friends.