You would have been long gone

Blake

"Why do you have to be so selfish?" Augustin's words echoed from the phone to my head.'Selfish' does he even know what selfish is? Because him forcing me to go visit someone I don't want to be associated with for his reputation is the definition of selfish. At this point I was tried of him trying to convince me to go I will just go if it means he will leave me alone even if it's temporarily.

I sighed before telling him my finial decision. "If I go, don't expect me to enjoy 'his' company."

"You don't even have to talk to him just attend I already booked a ticket for next week and by the way I told Lexa that she could come and she could bring a plus one." I hang up the phone after he finished his sentence not even saying bye to him. I tossed my phone on my bed and then myself, looking at the ceiling was somewhat peaceful but I couldn't stop thinking about how I would react when I see his face after 5 years.

Kiara

3 Days later

"What's your plans for this weekend?" Lexa questioned me while doing her makeup, she looked like she was getting ready for something important.

"I don't know and to be honest I am just waiting for winter break to visit my family." I said looking up from the book I was reading.

"You could come with me." She stated, I rose my eyebrow in confusion on what she meant.
"I am going to visit my Uncle's family and they said I could bring a plus one so what do you say?"

"I don't know." I said hesitatingly. She got up and came to my small desk that I was studying at and knelt down then held my hands and spoke again.

"Come on its the last weekend then it's winter break so you should come and if you are wondering how we will come back in time, well Blake is going to be using her father's private jet to go so she invited us to join." I had almost forgot that Blake and Lex are related, of course Blake is going to be there we haven't spoken since the lake the only thing we have done is share glances at each other and that's it. I am even starting to wonder about the racing championship when is it going to happen and it doesn't help that Blake has told me anything about it.

I sighed then nodded at Lexa remembering I had to give her an answer.

"Great we will be leaving in two days so pack." Lexa informed me. I sighed remembering that I had to go to get a few things from the store.

"I'll be back I just got to get something from the store." I told her before heading to the store.

*****

As I was in the cookie isle I heard a familiar voice behind me talking on the phone.
"I'll be at the back alley don't fuck this up."

Is that Blake? I thought to myself. I took a quick look at the person and sure enough it was Blake. I grabbed my cookies and rushed to the cashier. I need to reach there before she does.

After the cashier gave me the bag I practically ran out and hid at the back of a dumpster next to a dark alleyway with a lot of graffiti on the brick wall and just waited. I was about to leave when I saw two buff men get out of a car with a black briefcase in one's hand then I saw a familiar leather jacket coming towards them, they started talking about god knows what when they handed Blake the case but Blake didn't take it the men looked disappointed but they left. I got up about to leave when I felt a force pulled me and then being pushed to the brick wall, I gasped for air then I realised it was only Blake but she was holding a pocket knife.

"Kiara?!" She roared." What the hell are you doing here?" She quickly put the pocket knife away loosen the grip but didn't let go of me.When I didn't answer she let go of me and I took the let out the deepest breath ."Why are you always in places you are not supposed to be in?" She asked in a low voice.

"What is wrong with you no better yet who were those guys?" She smack her lips then started walking I picked up my bag that had the cookies in it and rushed to catch up with her.

"Wait up!" I shouted but she continued. I finally reached where she was and began to speak again."Are you deaf?"

Still she continued to walk away." Why are you ignoring me?" She stop then turned around to face me.

"Do you know how much you annoy me?" She snapped which caught me of guard.

I was speechless, I didn't know how to answer that." I-I ah..." I trailed off.

"Why are you always there?"She sighed then she clenched her jaw and her warm hazel brown eyes looked at me. She came closer to me until their was no space between us.

"First you wanted to join my crew,fine but now you are always following. Do you want to know why those men were here?" She asked her minty breath addictive. I simply nodded.
"That guy you raced wants you." Her voice softened when she spoke."He gave me ten million dollars for you, and you know want I said." She leaned in closer now I was again against a wall." I said you are not for sell, The only reason why I haven't gave you up is because of Lexa, if it wasn't for her you would have been long gone." She hissed before leaving me frozen there.

Why was Blake acting weird, I know I am not her favourite person in the world and I get she didn't want to see me but she didn't have to be harsh about it.

I woke up from my thought and went back to the dorm luckily for me Lex was sleeping so I didn't have to answer any questions.