Chapter 8. Lillian

I get back home from college and take a shower. It's uncomfortable going around without a handphone I wonder how long the police are going to take to catch that man.

I walk down the stairs to get some groceries done. When I open the gate, I am startled to see the Director standing right before me, one hand raised to press the doorbell.

"Oh, Director."

"Hey. The police contacted me earlier and they said they have your things. I was thinking if you want to go with me to get it?"

"Ah, really? That's fast. Aren't you busy though?"

"I got off work early today. We can go now if you don't have anything important to do."

"Alright, I was going to go for groceries but that can wait."

We head to the nearest police station around the area where I was robbed. I just follow him around as he talks to some personnel before getting inside a room.

"Mr. Reid, you're here. Please take a seat."

"Lillian, come sit down," he turns back to me and guides me to sit on the chair as he takes the seat beside me.

The officer stands up to get my wallet and phone.

"So this is yours?" He asks.

I look at them and nod wondering if anything inside is still intact.

"Can you tell us what you had inside here?"

"My ID card, University card, license, and two 500 notes if I remember correctly."

"Mr.Holden, please fill up this form and you can take these back. However, we're sorry to say that the notes seem to have already been used when we got hold of the culprit."

I don't complain although I feel a little dejected. Filling up the form, I wait for them as the two get up to talk near the window.

"Done?" I nod and give him the form."The culprit has been caught and locked. You don't have to worry about him again. We apologize for letting such a person walk around in town."

I just remain silent and he hands me over my things. I check inside and indeed, my cards are still there. My phone is locked with a password so nothing seems to have changed except for a crack on the edge which must be from the impact when it fell off the ground.

We walk out of the place and it is getting dark again.

"Thank you, again," I tell him.

"No problem. Let's get back home."

"I can take the bus, you should go back and rest."

"So that another thug can rob off you? Nope, I'm dropping you back at your house."

"Tsk, I'm not a baby. I can take care of myself, that was just an unlucky day."

"Not when I'm here, Lillian. Come on, let's go."

I don't protest and get inside the car. I'm so used to driving around with him by now, not forgetting to place my seatbelts on.

"You said you have groceries to do," He says looking forward.

"Do you want to join in?" I ask simply, "I bet you have never done grocery shopping in your life?"

"Why do you think that?"

"Because you're rich and you have people to do that for you."

"And you're wrong because although I haven't done it much, I'm sure I have done it once or twice when I started living alone."