Chapter 13. Lillian

The butterflies inside my stomach have me feeling giddy and flushed since yesterday. If I didn't know any better, I'd think I have gone somewhat crazy.

"What're you thinking?" Miles asks from my side.

We are watching a movie together in our bedroom. But my mind is somewhere else and he caught it.

"Thinking what?" I pretend I'm not but I know he already sees through my lie.

"You have something on your mind."

I swallow and think for a while about what to say. Remembering I have to ask him about the trip, I take this chance to bring it up. I will have to tell Miles anyway.

I have been wanting to try and experience different things ever since I started college so I do want to go as well.

"You remember Jaeson Reid?"

"Who?"

"The guy I told you who adopted Kitty."

He turns fully towards me, "The rich guy? What about him?"

"I've actually gotten a lot closer to him and he has this friend who invited me for a trip next month."

"Wait. When did this happen?" He sits up straight looking somewhat concerned.

"I know I told you I won't be meeting him again but somehow we kept running into each other. So we got closer."

"Lillian," he looks serious.

"Hmm?"

"When you had a sleepover a few times, was that friend him?"

I nod, "He's a nice person, don't worry. He came over here before as well."

His eyes widen in surprise, "You mean at our house?"

"Yeah, that day I told you over the phone that I have a friend over who I want you to meet but you said you were coming back late."

"I thought that was Kayden," he looks genuinely confused. "So you're telling me you have been hanging out with a guy who's a lot older than not just you but me as well."

I nod, "Not a lot. He's just 28."

He looks at me for a moment then asks, "Do you like him or something?"

What?

I can feel blood rushing to my cheeks and I thank God that the light is turned off.

"No, he's like a caring older brother."

"You have me for that."

"I know, I mean...like an older friend who's genuinely nice and looks out for me."

"I need to meet this person because what I'm imagining is not something you would like to hear."

"Miles! I'm not stupid, I know when someone is dangerous," I frown. "Besides, he's the one who got that real creep robber arrested and got me back my stuff. He's helped me at other times as well."

Miles still looks skeptical but nods, "Alright, I trust you. But you'd have to introduce him to me first before going."

I think over what he is saying and nod slowly, " So I can go?"

"It's all over your face that you've been thinking about it and that you wanna go. I'm not going to ruin that for you," he says with a small smile. "But like I said, I'm still worried and a trip can be long so I need to know who you're going to be with."

I know I'm not a kid but I understand what he's saying so I nod again, "Alright, I'll talk to him."

"When is this trip?"