Chapter 19. Lillian

"Your hair is all wet, let me dry it for you."

"No, it's alright. I can do it myself," I say and plug the wire in.

"You're going to ruin your hair, dry it with the towel."

"Waste of time."

Aiden chuckles and sits on my bed as I start blowing my wet hair.

"I actually came in to say something."

"What?" I ask and stop because I wasn't sure if he actually said that.

"I'm going to stop pursuing you."

I blink at him because I didn't expect him to say that.

"I know I already agreed on us being friends days back but I did kind of hope that you'll develop something for me. But it seems that you already have someone inside there," he says pointing at my chest.

"..."

"You like Jaeson, don't you?"

The dryer slips out of my hand and hits the floor. I clumsily pick it up and keep it on the table before looking back at Aiden.

"What?" I say no louder than a whisper.

He chuckles at me, "I thought you're just straight at first but you keep looking at him whenever I look at you and,"

"...You like him. You're blushing."

I quickly facepalm myself, trying to cover up wherever the blush is.

He chuckles again, "I should have known. Sorry if I kept you away from him most of the time this whole trip. I wanted to make sure and it kind of dragged on."

"..."

"..."

I clear my throat and decide to be honest, "It's not like I have a chance with him. So many well established beautiful women around him...I can't compare."

"Well, don't compare then. If you want to, then think about how you have him wrapped around your little finger while they can't have him look their way even. I mean they're their own people, you're your own as well."

"I don't have him wrapped around my little finger at all. He wouldn't look for others if he likes me. He just thinks of me as a little brother or some sort. It'd be weird of him to consider me romantically."

I know whatever I'm saying is not true because it was just the day before yesterday that he kissed me. Why would he kiss me if he doesn't look at me in that sort of way? I don't want to be hopeful but I can't help wish for it to be true.

"That was before. If he realizes he likes you as well, I bet he won't look for others. Jaeson is a nice guy, he's loyal, even to his past flings."

Aiden sighs and stand up from my bed, "I mean, it kind of hurts but I'm rooting for you both. I'm all for who I want but I don't want to chase for someone whose heart already belongs to someone else."

He takes the dryer and plug it out of the socket.

"Hey, I'm still not done with it," I try to take it from him but he put his hand further from me.

"Uh-Uh, dry it with the towel. The last time I used a dryer, grey hairs started popping out."

"You can lower the heat or use the cool dryer instead."

"All the same," he says and turns to keep it high on the shelf.

"No, it's not," I frown because he's taller than me and he kept it high and now I can reach it. "Give it back."