ɪɴꜱᴇᴄᴜʀᴇ | P.J

𝐀𝐁𝐎𝐔𝐓: Y/n and Percy have been together for about a month or so and starts feeling self-conscious about the way she looks and the relationship and Percy finds out...
˚. ✦.˳·˖✶ ⋆.✧̣̇˚.

requested by @kelseysgf

lowercase intended.

⊹˚₊‧───────────────‧₊˚⊹

I just left percy while we were eating.

I'm in my bed with thoughts circled around my head. Not nice thoughts too.

Why am i so sensitive? I accidentally overheard some people talking about why percy would ever be with someone like me and now i'm a mess. Of course, percy doesn't know about it.

Now that i think about it ... i look at myself in the mirror and see all the flaws that i've never seen before. I'm starting to dislike the features that ive always loved.

I don't know how i got so influenced by their words. I know i shouldn't, but im just a teenager.

Every time im with percy i get insecure and end up leaving half way hanging out with him because i feel like i shouldn't even be near someone like him. He's so out of my league. At least that's what i was convinced.

Every time im talking with a girl like annabeth or clarisse i get so insecure. They're so pretty and unique. How i wished to look like them. Insecurity and envy aren't pretty together. i don't try to be jealous, but i always wonder how it would be like in their shoes.

The only thing keeping me in one piece was writing in my journal.

I opened up to the next page and my hands just write what i think.

Insecure.
It's not something that i admit freely.
I guess the thought process is that if i don't say it out loud..
nobody would ever know.

If we weren't dating i think you'd like her. And i know i shouldn't even be mad because if we weren't dating, why would i care.
But i care because what if you thought that too?
what if im some "barrier" blocking you from someone like her.

But it would kill me to see you with anyone else. I say it and i know it's true.
I can imagine her and see how perfect she can be with you.
A little bit less anxious.
A little bit more funny.
Confident.
Someone that i know who you would want to be with.
I can't even say i dislike her cause i know she didn't do anything wrong.

———

I'm supposed to be meeting with Percy about this time and i was running a little late. I grabbed my tote bag and rushed out the door. I can see him from afar.

I smile and make my way to him.

"Hey, y/n,"  he greeted with a big smile. "Hey percy, sorry to keep you waiting," i chuckle. "you're good. Annabeth was just here," he said so normally. Oh!

"That's.. good to hear," i forced another smile. "I was thinking maybe we should take a little walk and just chat. We've done pretty much everything around here and I wanted to spend some time with you that's all," he said sweetly. "That sounds perfect, percy."

We started walking down the trail that had a beautiful scenery. I love grassy sceneries. Anything nature really. We see grover by some trees and it seemed like he was just wandering around as well.

"Hey grover," percy and i both greeted. He looked up with a smile. "Hi, you guys," he exclaimed. "What are you doing," percy asked. "nothing in particular," he shrugged. "ah, okay well-"