ʀᴇᴀꜱᴏɴꜱ | W.S

ABOUT: Y/n keeps walker in the dark about something because she thinks he wouldn't care...
˚. ✦.˳·˖✶ ⋆.✧̣̇˚.

slightly requested: @ItzCheeseWriter

lowercase intended.

⊹˚₊‧───────────────‧₊˚⊹

Walker would used to visit the small floral shop to just to "admire" the scent of flowers. That's half the reason at least. He also went to see y/n, his childhood best friend. Y/n works at the shop with her father. It's a family business.

——

Walker enters the shop and sees y/n for the first time in 5 months. He was off acting in a new show. He looked at you a bit differently now than 5 months ago. You were at the register in regular grey sweatpants and a plain tank top. In his eyes you were adorable. No matter what you're wearing.

You looked up and smile at him when you notice his presence. You haven't spoken to him in a few months. Considering that you were dealing with other things and him having his own life.

He walked up to where you were. A bit flustered. When you smiled, his heart beats faster. Cliche. Probably because he just hasn't seen you in forever. That's why.

"Hey, Walker.. long time no see," you laugh.

"yeah... uh.. how's the shop? Same as before," he smiles.

"guess you could say that.." my voice trails off.

He noticed immediately. The slight tension that was just built. He was slightly confused. Did he do something?

"so... what brings you by? Are you on break," you ask him. You're trying to catch up with him for all the times you guys had missed together, but it feels different.

"Pretty much. We just finished up our last bits, so we're pretty much done," he says. His eyes take notice of the surroundings of the inside of the floral shop. It was half empty.

"Do you want some flowers to take for home? I know your mother loves Daffodils," you smiles at the boy.

"Yeah, sure. I'd love some for her," he says, but his eyes were not on you. His attention was still on the surroundings.

You were getting the daffodils wrapped up. Picking the nice, beautiful flowers just for walker's mom.

"hey, question," he speaks up in the silence.

You hum in response.

"Why is the store like half gone? Did someone have a wedding recently," he asks her.

"oh... uh. no," you mumble, "it was for a funeral."

"oh i'm sorry.. my condolences goes out to them. At least they got beautiful flowers for the person," he tried to lighten up the mood.

"yeah, he did," you smile lightly.

"so, where's your dad? Normally, he comes greeting me when he hears me," he laughs.

You stay quiet, "did no one tell you?"

"tell me what," he asks.

"he passed away three weeks ago..." you say.

"what? what happened? oh my gosh, i'm so sorry," he quickly feels remorseful. He was bringing up so much stuff about him indirectly.

"Yeah... his funeral was yesterday," you tell him.

"You didn't invite me?"

He didn't mean to put it on him. But it was a genuine question.

"i'm sorry, i didn't think you'd be here. You're always busy, you know," you tell him.

"no matter how busy i am, i'll always make time for you. I mean.. you were bound to tell me one day," he says feeling kind of gloomy now.

His best friend just kept him in the dark about something so big that happened to you. He felt sad for you, but also sad for himself.

He goes around the counter to her.

"I'm your best friend, you'd think i'd have the right to know.." he says.

"i'm sorry, it's just... in all honesty i really didn't think you'd have time. I didn't want to bother you," you shrug.

He could tell it wasn't the full truth considering you just restated what you said previously, but made it sound like it was another reason.

"Okay, but that's not everything is it? i don't want to push you, but why didn't you invite me to the funeral," walker says. Both of your guys' families were so close and you just don't invite any of them.

You stand there quietly not saying a word. You didn't know what to say. You know you're in the wrong.

You feel yourself tearing up. By thinking of your father and thinking how walker must feel right now.

"look.. i can't imagine what you're going through. I'll always be here for you no matter what. Especially during times like this.. like i want you to come to me, and let me help you. I don't know why you didn't invite me, whatever the reason it's probably just something silly or whatever, but you've been so distant lately. I know i've not been here for a few months, but you always have my number. I'll listen to you. Anyone would. Losing a loved one is extremely hard. I cannot sympathize with you all the way, but if you give me a chance.. i'll try my best. I'm sure i can. My thoughts are with you and your family. But if you leave me in the dark, i can't do much. Because i don't know what's going on in your life unless you tell me. Just tell me what you need and i'll support you all the way. Don't hesitate to let me know," he says, his voice soft and sincere.

You wanted to burst into tears. But you didn't. you couldn't. your eyes were just watery.

You love your father and you love walker. You tried distancing yourself away from walker, because you knew your father was passing away soon and didn't want to burden walker with your feelings. You also distanced yourself because you knew you were quickly falling in love with him too. Him just talking about helping you after learning that you lost your father, made your heart shatter. You feel bad. Super bad. By the silence after that, you could tell you had hurt walker. Your father passed away and you made the decision to distance yourself from walker to save you from refusal of invitation, wasting his time, and basically your own insecurities.. to sum it all up. And he's hurt...

But it doesn't change the fact that you're still in love with him. But he doesn't need to know that. Your father would hit you in the head right now. But hey... at least walker's here now. But who knows how long till he's gone again. then the cycle repeats.

Not deaths. Just the off and on contacting each other. Maybe in another universe we will have better communication.

⊹˚₊‧───────────────‧₊˚⊹

this was kinda trash 😔

late post 🤝🏻 #1AM