ʙᴇꜱᴛ ꜰʀɪᴇɴᴅ | P.J

ABOUT: Percy has been in love with y/n ever since they became friends on his first day of camp. She knew of this but never had confirmation. One night, he confesses to her...
˚. ✦.˳·˖✶ ⋆.✧̣̇˚.

lowercase intended.

⊹˚₊‧───────────────‧₊˚⊹

Y/n.

If anyone would say that name it would get him butterflies every single time. No doubt.

You were always with him, comforting him, being his closest friend at camp. Those experiences probably made him like you even more. He grew attached to you.

Even the smallest gesture from you would get him crazy, yet you seemed so unfazed. No matter how many times he made it obvious there was no avail.

You two were like two peas in a pod. No one saw you two by yourselves before. It was always the two of you. Learned together, fought by each other, and anything possible.

Whenever someone would talk about one another they would add the other person's name in as an instinct.

———

You guys were in percy's cabin for the night. Y/n had snuck in earlier because she had a nightmare and percy was the first person she thought of to go to.

"Thank you percy for everything," y/n whispers next to percy.

"mhm.. of course," he smiles gently.

"are you okay," y/n asks him softly.

"can i ask you something," he says.

"yeah..." she says.

"do you think we're friends in every universe," he asks.

"what," y/n looks at him confused.

"do you think we're together in every universe," he repeats himself," just answer... honestly please."

"of course i do, percy! Why are you asking me a stupid question," she laughs quietly.

"you do," he asks ignoring everything else she has said.

"You're my best friend.. why wouldn't i think we would be friends in every life time," she says.

Best friend. Percy's stomach drops a bit, that's all he was to you.

"do you also trust me with your heart," he asks, his chest tightening up a bit, knowing the answer before it comes out of your mouth, but, he wanted to hope.

"i just told you i trusted you with everything.. so yes i do," she says looking up at him as they were lying down.

He wanted to say more. His eyes pleading with you, he's hoping with every bit on him that you would understand what he's getting at.

"Trust me, percy. I trust you with everything. You're practically the only person i would go to without hesitation. You'd do anything for me and I'll also do anything for my best friend," she tells him.

He was your best friend and that's all you were. He wanted you to stop saying that.

Percy's heart breaks into a hundred pieces, so slowly, he stares at you. my best friend, those word, that phrase just tore him apart. Percy's voice has a hard time staying normal, "I just realized something."

"hm? realize what," she asks him.

his voice is tight and on the verge of cracking, he turns away from you, tears threatening to roll down his cheeks if he doesn't keep it together, "I'm in love with you."

Y/n stays quiet for a moment. She didn't know what to say. She doesn't know if she likes him back or not. That thought never came across her.

"what..."

"I'm in love with you, I've been in love with you," his voice breaks at the last part, he was begging for you to understand his feelings, for you to love him back.

"oh..." y/n kept her voice hushed. She really didn't know what to say.

Percy's breath hitches, he feels so hopeless, so lost, the silence hangs on like a dagger, threatening to hurt him, Percy tries his hardest to keep it together, but he was already apart.

"I...I just thought you should know..."

"I'm sorry, percy..." she genuinely says. She didn't want to ruin the friendship they had, but she honestly had no idea what to think right now. It was out of the blue.

"That's.. Okay..." Percy whispers, he swallows his tears, forcing them to stay down, and the tears came again, his heart shatters, a part of him wishes that if you were to say those four simple words, I love you too, it would make his world feel complete.

"Don't worry, everything is already ruined..." Percy whispers, he covers his face, he felt so embarrassed that he was crying in front of you, he would rather die then have you see him like this, the only person he trusted, the only person he felt he could be himself and now his whole world has come crashing down. "You don't really...care about me."

"Are you for real right now? Of course I care about you! Are you actually crazy," she raises her voice.

Percy shrinks, he's being yelled at by his so called best friend, the person he loves.

"That's-That's not what I meant..." he whispers, his voice is tight, he swallows the tears again, this is probably the hardest conversation he had to ever have with someone.

"then what do you mean, percy. Because that was clear as day," she says getting agitated.

Percy lets a few tears run down his cheeks, his mouth feels dry and he is fighting to keep back these annoying emotions, "I told you my feelings and you just said-" he pauses, choking up for a second, he's too close to completely falling apart so he takes a deep breath and carries on, "-that you need to think."

Y/n looks at him like he's stupid right now. "because i don't know if i feel anything back! Please understand that you just put that on me out of nowhere.." she tells him trying to be reasonable. She knows that percy is just mixed with his feelings to think about what he's saying right now so she's not too mad at him.

Percy doesn't reply and just stares at you, he wasn't expecting anything back, he was expecting you to tell him you didn't feel the same way, but at least it wouldn't have been as bad as seeing you thinking about it, it feels like a dagger is digging itself deeper into his heart every second, and you're just twisting it.

You sit up and grabbed your shoes. "I'll talk to you tomorrow... i guess," she says softly.

Percy sits up as well, "wait.. where are you going?"

"We both need to think about this. Well more of me thinking. It's too late to think about stuff like this, and i just need good sleep. I'm sorry," she whispers.

"fine.. talk to me when your head is clearer, i guess," he sighs.

"night, percy."

"mhm.. night, y/n," his voice croaks.

⊹˚₊‧───────────────‧₊˚⊹

i kinda just free balled this one..

i shall make everyone be in the wrong 😈

one shot..

or i add another ending?

one shot kinda sounding real good right now 🤭