ʟɪᴇꜱ | P.J

𝐀𝐁𝐎𝐔𝐓: Percy would rather lie than to tell y/n he is in love with her...
˚. ✦.˳·˖✶ ⋆.✧̣̇˚.

lowercase intended.

⊹˚₊‧───────────────‧₊˚⊹

"Come on percy... we can see right through you," grover pats his best friend's shoulder.

"Don't be ridiculous. You guys aren't in the right head right now," percy crosses his arms.

"I'll tell her," annabeth flatly says.

"Annabeth! Don't you dare say anything, because they're all lies," percy rebukes.

Annabeth glares at percy. "You're the one who's a chicken that won't confess," she says.

"She's right, percy. Maybe she'll like you back," grover smiles at him.

"I doubt.. she we don't really talk like that anyways," percy groans.

"I can ask-"

"No, annabeth," percy cuts her off. "Plus, i don't even like her," he adds.

Grover and annabeth exchanged glances.

"What??" percy questions at his two friends.

They didn't respond, just silently judging.

"You're so stubborn, it's actually making me sick," annabeth says. "What? I'm not stubborn," percy denies her claim.

"You can't say you guys don't talk when you two are like always together. She just happened to be busy with one thing today and you're acting like you don't know her," grover speaks up.

Percy huffs, "I don't like her! She's just a friend!"

Percy gets up from the table, planning to leave to his cabin when a voice appears.

"You don't like who?"

The three of them turn to the familiar h/c girl standing behind percy.

He gets startled by her and sits back down.

"y/n! hey! What are you doing here," percy chuckles nervously.

"I just finished up helping luke with the new kid," she smiles.

"hey y/n? What do you think of percy," annabeth speaks up.

Y/n looks at the girl in shock, not expecting the question.

"What i think of percy? i mean he's nice... kind of annoying," she laughs, taking a seat next to him.

Percy is glaring at annabeth the entire time.

"Anything else," annabeth trying to get further information.

"I would sell him for $15," y/n says. Percy turns his head quickly at her. "What?! $15? Only?" percy asks in disbelief.

"Ignore the both of them. To rephrase what annabeth is trying to ask.. do you like anyone," grover asks, going straight to the point.

"OKAY OKAY WE'RE DONE HERE," percy says quickly, dragging y/n away from his two idiotic friends.

———

The two pair were walking along a trail.

"What was that all about," y/n asks the blonde boy.

"Nothing, ignore them. They're just acting.. nonsense," percy tells her.

"Hm.. i don't think it's nothing," she crosses her arms.

"Trust me it is, it's literally nothing. So what's the new kid like," percy tries to change the subject.

He didn't want to admit his feelings for the girl. He was scared of rejection. Especially from her.

"Yeah.. I don't like her" That's what he tells himself everyday.

"Oh he's chill. He was just like you when you first came here. Highly confused and in denial," she laughs.

"I wasn't that bad. Maybe a bit lost but it worked out at the end," percy says.

"percy, don't get me off the subject! What was annabeth and grover going on about," y/n evokes.

Percy sighs, "do we really have to? I mean we can just talk about anything but you're hung up on what those two said?"

He pulls her in by the shoulder, resting his arm around her.

"Yeah i am... i'm curious and nosy," she says. "I promise you it was nothing serious," he tries to reassure her.

"mhm.. whatever," she says leaving it be knowing he's not gonna say anything else.

———

y/n storms into the athena cabin.

"annabeth," she calls out for her friend.

She sees her head poking out from the bed.

"yes,". she answers slowly.

Y/n rushes up to her and sit on the bed.

"Percy won't tell me anything but i know you might tell me... so pleaseeee tell me what you guys were talking about earlier," she begged her.

"about what? i forgot," annabeth asks.

"who percy doesn't like and whatnot," y/n huffs.

"Ohhhh.. oh yeah i remember now. Yeah, percy likes you," annabeth confesses bluntly.

Y/n's eyes widen in shock. "He does? did he say that," she asks with enthusiasm. "No, but we all know he does. He's just lying to himself," annabeth tells her. "Okay thanks! I'm gonna talk to him about it," y/n smiles and rushed out the cabin to go find the boy.

———

The young girl had spotted percy coming out his cabin. She ran up to him.

"Percy!"

He looks at her in surprise.

"Annabeth told me," she says. "Told you what," percy asks trying to not sound nervous. He was glancing around his surroundings.

"That you may or may not like me," she admits. "oh," percy pauses before he speaks up again.

"well, i dont," he shrugs.

"oh. well that's awkward," y/n mutters to herself.

Percy was lying straight through his teeth. He's in love with the girl. He can't admit that though. Annabeth was right. He is a chicken. He'd rather lie than be honest about it. Maybe if he lies enough then it will go away.

Percy laughs nervously, "well, i'll see you around..."

"percy, wait! are you being honest? Cause annabeth doesn't lie. Or at least doesn't lie to me," y/n asks him with a frown.

"y-yeah.. positive. super positive," percy nods slowly trying to sound convincing.

He was not.

Y/n was not buying it.

"Positive my butt. You're not telling the truth. But don't you worry, perseus jackson, i will get it out of you," y/n narrows her y/e/c eyes at him.

percy snickers at her comment, "yeah.. alright."

"If you would just tell me the truth you could've gotten a confession out of me," y/n shrugs, while walking away.

"wait wait wait what-"

percy picks up his pace to catch up to her. He wants to find out what she meant by her statement.

⊹˚₊‧───────────────‧₊˚⊹

hmmm part 2? 🤔

keeping it oneshot 🤔😜