ꜰᴇᴀʀ ᴏꜰ ᴡᴀᴛᴇʀ | P.J

ABOUT: Y/n has been always terrified of the ocean. Percy tries to help her get over that fear...
˚. ✦.˳·˖✶ ⋆.✧̣̇˚.

requested by: @h123456MAI

lowercase intended.

⊹˚₊‧───────────────‧₊˚⊹

"come on, scaredy-cat! I won't let you drown," percy chuckles.

"i know the water has something against me," i cross my arms.

Percy was trying to get me in the water and swim. I'm never getting in water. Not after that one year when i was seven and this jerk pushed me into the deep end. I didn't know how to swim. I almost drowned that day.

"babe, come on. Trust me," he gets out the water and his blonde curls were holy. I can faint right here and now.

He's so...

"I trust you, not the water," i tell him.

"I'm technically on a way connected to the water.. so does that mean you're afraid of me," he asks me in a low tone.

"well.. in the beginning yeah. When i heard you killed a minotaur on your first day when you barely stepped in camp," i admitted.

"don't be ridiculous," he holds my hand and slowly guides me to the water.

"please don't, percy," i whisper.

"i got you, y/n/n," he smiles at me comfortingly.

He pulls me closer to the waves.

"If i drown i'm not inviting you to my funeral," i move myself closer to him, practically touched by the hip.

"i'll be making your funeral first of all and second don't think that. You're with the son of poseidon. Nothing can happen too bad with water," he says proudly of himself.

I force a laugh but it was very obvious.

A strong wave pushed us and it didn't startle me as much. As long as it doesn't drown me. Maybe i fear of drowning more than the ocean.

Yeah, no. No ocean, no drowning. Ocean is the problem.

"Y/n, you're doing it!"

I look at percy and I noticed that i walked more into the ocean.

"oh.. i guess i am," i look at my feet under the water. I couldn't. I can't stare in the ocean for too long.

Percy comes from behind me, "wanna go farther?"

His face had a playful grin.

"I don't think so," i tell him.

"Just a bit more," he pleads, "i mean you're doing so great right now!"

He's kind of convincing. I nod and he excitedly walks further up while dragging me.

"I don't think i like this anymore," my head shakes. The water was around the chest.

"you'll be okay," he laughs.

Right when he said that i felt something touching my leg and i screamed. I jumped on him.

"Y/n!! What happened," he looks down at me.

"something touch my leg," i scream again.

"there's nothing touching your-"

Something touched my leg again and i screamed even louder. I hold onto percy tighter trying to not touch the ground.

"percy, this is all your fault," i smack his shoulder.

"you'll thank me for this," he says.

"thanking you from my grave!"

"you're so dramatic," he sighs.

I look down and i see something red moving.

"what is that?!"

He looks down, "a crab."

My eyes widen and i scream, "it's getting closer to me!"

I move to percy as fast as i can and he pulls me closer filling the gap since i can't swim that fast.

"i forgot there's things that live in here," i pant.

Waves were gradually increasing rocking us. At first it was light.

Percy grabs onto my hand.

"Now this is a real test," he smirks.

"waves are the worst! They cause drowning! Everything in this causes drowning," i hold onto his hand tighter.

Percy didn't have time to respond as a big wave crashed above us.

I held my breath and try to look for percy. The wave made us let go of each other.

I frantically move my hands around the water to find him because i am not opening my eyes. What if a creature was right in front of me.

I felt someone grab me a few seconds later. I hope it's a mermaid or percy. Let it be percy. Mermaids are scary.

I open my eyes and it was percy. I see his blonde hair.. and his blurry face.

I see him move his hand with one arm and he held mine in the other. I'm about to lose breath.

He pulled me down as he had made an air bubble.

I felt like i was an astronaut. I could breathe which was a good sign but i can see everything and im terrified. His beautiful face calms me though. I could forget everything around us whenever i'm looking at him.

He moves his finger around our surroundings and gives me a thumbs up.

He then grabs my arm and in a millisecond we're back above the water.

I wipe the water off my face and glare at the boy in front of me.

"You went underwater for more than 5 minutes," he exclaimed and cheered.

I take a deep breaths before i say anything.

"Percy..."

"yes?"

"i hate you so much right now."

"are you sure?"

"im positive that i do."

He places his hands on my waist and pulls us together. "Can i do it," he looks at me in a way i can't explain.

I don't respond because i have no idea what was happening. All i could do was stare at him.

He leans down and kiss me.

He playfully squeezes my waist with his hands as i kiss him back.

⊹˚₊‧───────────────‧₊˚⊹