Four - Happy Endings

2 years ago...

"Kai!" Minho yelled as he swam catching up to the teenager.

"You're so slow you old man," the young boy laughed as he saw how bad Minho was at swimming.

"I can't swim." Minho rolled his eyes staying in the shallow end. The two had left the castle hanging out in the nearby lake.

"You were a guard but you can't swim?" Kai laughed as he swam back to Minho.

"I guard on land not water."

"Whatever." Kai joked as he slowly walked out of the water and fell to the grass. "So what's it like being in love?" The young boy asked out of nowhere.

"Where is this coming from." Minho smiled sitting next to his son.

"I was just curious, fine don't answer."

"No, I'll answer." Minho laughed. "Being in love was the best thing that happened to me. It doesn't how much you love them, whether it's more or less. You just know you love them. And once you love something you can never stop."

"Never stop?" Kai asked.

"If I said I like food, it's just like. I'm never going to love it. I'll eventually get over it. But If I love food, it's never gonna end. That feeling always has a place in my heart." Minho looked up to the moon.

"So you really do love Dad?"

"Why do you think I married him?"

"I don't know, I was just trying to figure out what love is."

"Why? Do you love someone~" Minho teased Kai.

"What? No!" Kai was quick to defend himself.

"Sure. We should head home now." Minho spoke as he put his shirt on.

"Wait," Kai called Minho.

"What is it."

"Does everyone get a happy ending?"

"Maybe not Everyone, but I for one, will always want a happy ending. My love and my family." Minho smiled before helping Kai up.

And once again, a sky full of stars.

A father and son walking home.

A lonely moon without its sun. 

------- 

The reason I told you all to figure out which phrase you need to memorize was because that phrase was a foreshadowing sentence. 

And now the phrase doubles so 2 sentences are important in this chapter!

Sorry for the short chapter I just needed to write this before anything 🤡