Chapter 13 - A New Love

Chan's POV:

It's been about a week since Kai and Jeongin disappeared, for the past few days I've been preparing to go under war with Varahn. We were short on supplies and we didn't have much help from Celestia since they were under the control of Varahn. It was 2/1, a losing battle. It's all worth it for Minho, I refuse to let him go. Until my last breath I won't stop, fuck, I'll keep at it even If I become a ghost.

The sky darkened, I was down by the park in the castle fields, the flowers were blooming in white, blue, and red. The cold breeze ran through my hair sending me shivers. I had a white and black garments on and my hair wasn't messed with. The stars started to light up the night sky, the purple and pinks bleeding into a navy blue.

I missed him. My Minhom is my lover. My first.

I looked up.

A lonely moon without its sun.

— —

Jeongin's Pov:

I had no idea how I ended up here, but here I am, Inside the castle of Varahn, alone with the prince. The fucking prince. He had bangs covering his brows, his front hair was dyed blond while the rest was darker. He had glasses on flipping through the hundreds of pages in ancient books. It's been over a week since I ended up here. Minho and Prince Seungmin had disguised me and Kai as some workers. I had no clue why the Prince was helping us, but I was truly thankful.

"Do you plan on staring at me for the entire duration?" He suddenly asked me to close the book and looked up. I didn't know what to respond, ever since I got here I had a small thing for the Prince. I know, it's weird. In such a short amount of time I had already fallen in love. Crazy if you ask me, but love can make you go crazy. People usually deny their feelings, but I'm not dumb enough for that. I had accepted it the moment my eyes had caught him. He really did look perfect, perfect for me... let's not get ahead of myself.

"Are you ever gonna respond?" He asked again tilting his head but the corner of his lip tilted up.

"W-what...?" I was way too flustered to answer properly.

"Read, we don't have all day." He went back to work, taking another book and flipping through pages. I sighed knowing I had absolutely zero chances with him. In the back of my mind I had the urge to ask him about his opinion on love but I was too scared. He seemed smart which meant he could catch on to my feelings. I didn't want to embarrass myself so I kept shut.

"Will Minho hyung really die?" I asked as a substitute,

"In a week's time, if we don't save him." He made sure to emphasize 'we' and 'save.' I hummed in response, I was scared.

"You have something to ask, what is it?" I was right, he definitely can read through me like a book.

"Nothing." I looked back at the book avoiding eye contact with him.

"If you don't ask now, I won't respond later." He started, "Choose now." He relaxed into his chair folding his arms against his chest. I was so weak against his voice and gave in.

"Have you ever experienced love?"

"Yeah" He answered quickly, smiling. Why was he smiling like that, I really would love to know but telepathy sadly didn't exist.

"With who?" I asked, letting the words slip out accidentally.

"With you."

------

I wasn't lying when I said short updates.