~~~ { 10 } ~~~

Once Smit had calmed down enough to be properly announced sane, he just sat on the ground with his head in his hands, covering his flashing visor. 

"It's okay, Smitts." John dropped a new nickname to get his attention. "It's okay." He said as he dropped down beside him, and rubbed his back reassuringly.

"Thank you." He said finally. It was his first words since his breakdown that wasn't mumbling nonsense.

"For what?" John presses a little, but let's his voice remain soft.

"Helping. People don't usually stick around for that." Smii7y said.

"I guess I'm different then." John was hoping there were no more sentences that will trigger him randomly.

John was getting a little tired of his helmet, so he took it off. It was pressing on his earrings a certain way that was annoying him, so he would just take them out. Almost immediately, his blond mop of hair, was Smit's center of attention. John had tried to make his hair a little more cooperative, but his stayed to its curly mess on his forehead. He just got haircuts to accommodate it.

John could feel Smit's gaze on him, and he didn't mind. He knew he was analyzing everything about his face because he would probably never see it again.

Smii7y curled back into his ball, and abruptly leaned on Johns side. John lifted his arm, and put it around Smit, in which he only cuddled further into John.

John had never seen Smit this soft, and it was quite cute. John, at first, thought Smit was tough, and would be hard to get too, but he was greatly mistaken. Instead Smii7y is sudden, and unpredictable. He snaps moods quickly, but not too quickly. You never know what mood he'll be in though. He's influential, and charismatic. A dangerous mixture.

John kind of figured he'd had that problem after what he's been through, and doesn't blame him.

"My names actually Jaren by the way." Smit said randomly, his voice still hoarse from his episode. "I just prefer Smii7y." He added

"Then it stays Smit." John replied simply.

"Thanks."

John was surprised Smit kept forking over information, like he was forking hay to a hungry horse. Smit must truly trust him. John vowed to be careful not to break it, like everyone else in Smit's life.

And John thought he was the one with secrets. 

That was selfish of him.

John had lived through poverty, and parents who didn't love him, but not what Smii7y has been through.

What he's accused of, could get him sent straight to death row, but it didn't make it worse. Arguably, living through whatever trauma Smii7y has locked away, would be worse.

John was set in life now, with a new friend, a new career, and a past to sweep behind him. It didn't matter much, but when Smit asks, he will tell. John wouldn't spontaneously tell him. That's out of character for him.

Johns mind then wondered. Smii7y mentioned monster, and demon multiple times in his story, and talked about how strange he looked. That's something to do with his mismatch fingers, right? John hadn't thought much about it, but now that he did, he noticed that some of his fingers were unnaturally white. Did he have some sort of genetic mutation? If so, it's not something he should be worried over.

Now John was curious.

By the time Smit's episode was over, it was getting dark. John just decided to leave his helmet off while he sat with Smit, it probably felt more sincere.

John wasn't looking at Smit, but he felt him tense up. Slowly, he looked towards him, and before he'd even laid eyes on him, his helmet was sitting on the floor. 

Huge step 

Smii7y did not look like what John thought he did, most of his hair was brown, and curly, and one of his eyes was a deep, rich brown. It looked like someone spilled paint on Smii7y's face, half of it was that unnatural white. Everything on that side was white, and it cut off abruptly before it got to his cheek. His eye? That was red.

Partial albinism.

John recalled the term from somewhere. John knew little about it, but he knew it was genetic, and very prominent. It usually carries over throughout the whole family, and is very rare.

Smii7y's hair was the cutest thing John had ever seen. It was mostly brown, but a splotch on the right side of his head was white. The spot covered his bangs, and about halfway down the middle before it to, abruptly cut off.

Smii7y had pierced, probably every part of his ear, and the right side on his nose. He was wearing mainly studs which was probably because he was wearing a helmet. That would have been a smarter idea on Johns part.

Suddenly, 'pretty demon'  didn't seem like an odd remark. He sure was pretty, and the red eye played into the demon part.

"Don't tell anyone." Smii7y said quietly. John caught the glint of silver in Smii7y's mouth. Tongue piercing. 

Smii7y only snuggled beside John afterward, and didn't say anything more.

Smii7y must really like cuddles. 

To be fair, Smii7y probably didn't get much for cuddles. John could suffice.

"We still getting your H2R?" John asked quietly. Smit's softness was gone in an instant, now replaced by his tough-guy facade. John would always have a tough time reading him.

"Actually I have a better idea." Smit grabbed his helmet, and his beauty was gone from John's eyes. John missed it.

Before John could put his helmet on, Smit was moving the 660 sitting behind them back to its spot. John was confused on why he was doing this.

Smit moved to a door on the right side of the building, (the side they were on) and disappeared inside. John followed him in, and rows upon rows of separate helmets sat on hooks on the walls, each with different inscriptions, patterns, and colors. All have one thing in common. The 7 on the side of them.

Smii7y was obviously not born into wealth, and only being famous for 8 or 9 years, he was awfully wealthy. John wondered what his balance is.

Smit didn't bother putting the helmet he had on a hook, and only placed it on a cupboard with a lot of tools strewn around it. He then grabbed a step ladder from the corner, and used it to reach the top row, and grab a black helmet. It didn't have anything on it, it appeared.

Smit looked towards John, gave him a grin, and reached into the helmet, flicking on a switch. The helmet gleamed with colors lacing the visors, and a number 7 flashing on the side. Beside the visor, bright LEDs splashed on the side, making it look closer to a masquerade mask.

Smii7y handed John the helmet, and jumped back onto the ladder, grabbing another that looked similar. This one also splashed with color when he turned the LEDs on, the he turned it around to look at the pattern.

It as well had a masquerade pattern, that mainly had blue, purple, and pink flashing about. It had a 7 on the side too. Smit handed him that one, and took the other one from him. He tossed it on the cupboard, and walked to a side door. When he opened the door, John saw that Smii7y seemed to have an outfit for every bike.

Smii7y pulled off his sweater, put it on a hanger, and nestled in somewhere in the rack. John practically undressed him with his eyes. John could see his toned body through his tight t-shirt now, and his attraction grew deeper. John was suddenly happy Smit couldn't see his face.  

Keep it in your pants John.

"Will you fit my clothes?" Smit asked suddenly.

Smit was only about an inch shorter than John, and was only a little thinner. He probably could.

"Probably." John shrugged. Smit tossed a sweater at him. It was Black, but you could see the LEDs in it.

John finally got Smit's plan.