~~~ { 38 } ~~~

John continued to sooth Smit until he was calm enough to talk to Grizzy again.

Of course there was always the promise Smit might do something drastic, and maybe violent, but so far, everything seemed good.

Until isn't.

So far so good.

Trying to calm Smit was always an obstacle, like trying to calm a wild animal, a wild animal that could kill you.

Smit could definitely kill him, even if John fought back, it was an easy win for him. But that wasn't the concern right now, whether Smit could absolutely spell his demise, and bitch slap him 6 feet under was not the issue at hand.

It was if Smit could bitch slap Grizzy 6 feet under, and John didn't really want to figure that out.

John didn't really want to think about that either, as true as it was, Smit would tear himself apart if he ever hurt one of his friends.

Grizzy arguably did nothing wrong, he's just kind of a jackass, and he always makes shit worse somehow, so maybe he does need that bitch slap.

John shouldn't be one to judge because the amount of women who have slapped him is probably far more than the two combined. Considering just about every woman in his family has slapped him at least twice for not being the little girl they wanted.

Fuck them, just because he wasn't a girl didn't mean he was a bad kid, he always tried his hardest for his parents, yet everything spiralled out of control so fast John literally had no time to even realize what was happening.

But he'd spent far too long mourning over what life could've been for him, and he couldn't do it any longer, no, it'd drive him mad.

"Smit.." Grizzy spoke quietly, while Smit still choked up small sobs, face completely hidden. John looked over to him, but decided it was time for him to speak.

John found Smit liked to hide his face when he got emotional, like shielding his identity would stop people from realizing its him. Smit just liked to hide his face in general. One, because he didn't want public attention, and two, it might be a trauma response.

He could be doing that because he didn't want people to see how weak he really is emotionally, which is why most people do that, but John figured it was something more.

"Im sorry, I shouldn't have said that like that, but we can meet with Tucker, and Fl0m, if you want."

"Fl0m is dead Grizzy, I swear, I watched him bleed out, I was there." Smit mumbled, if he could get any closer to John, he certainly would, but John was sure that was impossible.

"Thats why you should go, because he didn't die that day, the only person that ended up almost dead was you Smit."

"He was fucking shot, dickwad, I wasn't."

"Smit, your head was slammed into a concrete barrier multiple times-."

"I wasn't that hurt, he-." John cut Smit off, he was tired of arguing.

"Smit, I'm sure he was pretty hurt, but that doesn't mean he died."

"But I was there John, I saw his last breaths."

Was Smit actually schizophrenic? John was getting two totally different stories here. Maybe Smit already having a head injury at the time made him see something that wasn't actually happening.

Their stories line up in many different ways, but from what John heard, Smit was actually there, and Grizzy wasn't. Therefore, Smit was automatically the more creditable source, but he could also be hallucinating.

John remembers things in his past that he was told never happened, Smit could be having the same thing.

John also has no idea what even happened, so his opinion kinda doesn't count.

"Okay, maybe he was bleeding out.. fast.. but he's alive, I literally saw him a few days ago." Grizzy mumbled. Smit only glared at him, his deep, cold glare.

"Wait, I hit my head?" Smit asked suddenly, the glare dropping into confusion. Guess that solves Johns problem, and Grizzy was probably right.

"You didn't hit your head, someone else did it for you. around 6 times I believe."

"Fuck." 

"Will you see them again? At least Fl0m, he misses you." Grizzy questioned, and stopped fidgeting with Puffers hair.

"We'll see." Smit mumbled, looking up at John. Even in such a state, Smits eyes remained beautiful, even though they seemed duller, and emptier, they were still pretty.

"You have to go with me."

"I know that." John giggled, he'd follow Smit to the moon and back. Actually, why stop at the moon?

"Can I tell you something?" Smits voice was quieter, presumably to prevent the others from eavesdropping.

"Anything."

"I've never had a real relationship with someone. I've been fuck buddies with someone, but I've never really dated."

"Thats fine, I'm good at being first."

"First and only?"

"Promise."

"Better keep your fucking promises." Smit muttered.

"I always do."

"Do you?"

"Smit, I'd rather die than leave you." That was the truth, a sad one to admit, but John wasn't sure if he could live alone anymore.

"Thats a huge commitment."

"One I'm willing to make."

Smit finally smiled at him, the playful gleam in his eyes returning, and banishing the dullness of them. 

"Then make it."

"Already did."

Smit was so happy he could be glowing, his random mood swings would always be a bit hard to predict, but in this case it was for the better.

John always loved to see Smit happy. His sun was no longer flaring its dangerous flames, and was just as docile as before, now the others could resume their orbits without running into the flames, and getting burnt.

His mission was successful, and now everything could return to working order, at least until they see Fl0m.

Then the sun might explode and burn everyone, but until then, he was fine.

Before John could even escape his thoughts, Smit was asleep on him. Smit was actually a very quiet sleeper, and sometimes he didn't move at all throughout his naps. Actually, Smit didn't usually sleep until late, which is probably why he'd fallen asleep so quick. Emotions are so draining.

John ran a hand through Smit's soft hair, he always wondered how Smit could get his hair that impossibly soft. The little white splotches just made him all the more cuter, which John could settle for. His life really was set, cute, rich boyfriend, good paying job, not like he needed it, and an orbit of friends.

What else could one need.

- A/N-

Help, my RGB lights are stuck on red-

Am I the only one who runs to the window when I hear a motorcycle? Gotta see who it is, dayum.

-Fun Fact(s)- 

I was listening to 'Lights Down Low' while writing this chapter.

I also randomly resorted everything, and moved everything in my room while writing this.

Fl0ms only reason for not contacting Smit, was he forgot his number. (Imagine) 💀

Fl0m and Smit got in a huge gang fight because they were standing up for Droid in front of another gang.