~~~ { 24 } ~~~

The last thing John expected to come from that encounter, was a new roommate. Although Puffer seemed to be a decent one.

Puffer had been working hard on either destroying, or dumping everything he owned that could possibly track him, ridding of every phone number, or burner phone lying around, and hadn't touched any of Johns stuff.

He knew Smit was going to be pissed at him, but honestly, he could suck it up. It wasn't like Smit himself had to share his living space with him, even if John did.

John could see the reason for the rift between the two, but Puffer had been so sulky, that he really didn't seem like the gangster he was days before. John actually felt bad for him, real remorse. From what he had told John, life wasn't as he'd expected it to be as a disposable solider in a years long gang war.

Puffer had a real sob story out for him, and so did most people John knew.

Eli knew Smit in high school, and when he wiggled his way into the army, he'd been worried sick for his best friend, to the point he started getting majorly depressed. He was also mourning what he thought was the death of another friend John didn't know the name of.

Swag was always a druggy, and picked it up directly from his parents who were real abusers. Swag was allowed basically nothing in life, and meeting Smit was his only hope for opportunity. Smit helped him secure a better job, and taught him to actually have a work ethic.

Tyler said his high point in life was in high school, where he was basically the school fuckboy. John could see why. Apparently he was definitely not prepared for real life, and ended up in the streets, fucking with gangs, and getting himself into trouble. Luckily, he learned better from experience.

Matt was not heading for a good life from the start, although it seems mild from the others, he was vigorously mentally abused by a former lover to the point of having no self worth. His parents were also total assholes, and he kept so many things hidden, that he has trouble talking out problems, and really dealing with them himself.

Droid was born into a gang, and forced to carry out their bidding. he had never really heard of a life besides running from cops, and shooting up innocent people. He had so little things in life, it was incredible, a simple thing such as a cheap item, or anything along the lines expensive always made him happy, and he never took anything for granted.

Smit himself seemed to carry happiness to everyone around him but himself. He's always in a state of turmoil, and can't get over it. He was abandoned young, and left for dead, picked up by so many families, only to be left again. He never had a forever home until the one he has now. Born into poverty, and destined to stay that way, until a certain knack for motorcycles made him famous. Forced into gang violence, and sexual favours. 

Would it be hypocritical to say he probably had it the worst?

Puffer joined a gang for what he thought would be self gain, but came up with nothing but disappointment. He was willing to put everything on the line for a friend who left him as soon as he got a thought in his head that ruined their whole friendship. Then had to watch as the only people he truly knew were mowed down in the name of 'just cause.'

John.

What really was his story?

Being a fuckboy to get his way. Born into poverty, and surviving with so little, robbing someone and getting caught was the better option. Having parents that cared jack shit about him, and forced him to fight in underground fighting rings for money. Having to beat the shit out of other innocent souls, watching the faint hope, a glimmer of what was left of their lives faint, and spark out, just as his had.