Chapter 3

There was nothing that was removing me from my bed. My phone was on airplane mode and that's where it was going to stay. I don't even remember consuming that much alcohol, but how I felt said differently. On second thought...I picked up my phone off the night stand and turned off airplane mode.

Author: I think we made a mistake and took each other bank cards

Who the hell is Author and how do they have my bank card? I forced myself out of bed and squatted down to retrieve my wallet from my pants. I opened it and sure enough a card read Johnnisha H Whitfield.

It all came back to me, I had spilled my guts out to this random woman, claiming to be some failed writer.

Me: I have yours

Author: I have nothing planned today after taking my kids to my mom....think we can meet up?

Me:Im suffering from a hangover...think we can meet later ?

Author: Sure. I can just use Apple Pay until then...I hope you feel better. I emailed all of your friends already...so far Chace and Damien responded. They said they are interested but wanted to speak with me, regarding what they would & wouldn't be okay with sharing.

Shit, I did give her everyone's name and emails. She works fast, guess she really is serious. I was positive Chace would shoot me a text soon or even call me. Man, imagine going to Books a Million, picking up a novel based on the lives of my classmates and me? For now I was just going back to sleep, I would respond later.

*********

Johnnisha only had on lip gloss and mascara today. She had her hair in bohemian braids an auburn color. I remember her saying she loved those. She had some big lips also, they stood out the most. She said she actually was teased for having big lips as a little girl. Then they became her most beloved feature by guys as she hit puberty. I handed her back her card and I took mine.

"I ran out of there so fast last night after that story about you and um?"

"Chace," I smiled.

"Yes, Chace...I needed to see my man and it was role play for me...he was Chace and I was you." She smiled, showing all her teeth.

"I gained closure that night...I don't believe I could of ever had true peace without giving myself to him."

"I think about that one Kanye lyric...'I feel like it's still bitches that owe me sex." She looked at me.

"Hell yeah, that bill was overdue but well worth it."

"You think everyone will be open with being apart of what we're trying to do?"

"Not sure about Khi...people say he's changed and he's even engaged now. He likes to live a pretty private life."

"We're not using real names, I can even change the locations.."

"He might be onboard...worth a try." I looked up to see a bus passing by, with a picture of famous boxer Cliff Hanges and.. I squinted my eyes as it stopped at the red light and his opponent...Stony West!

"You into boxing?" She asked.

"Think I saw the Stony nigga last night, when I was leaving."