Chapter 26

Jaylen

I was sitting down on the bed folding my clothes and putting them away in the suitcase. I hear my front door open and can barely contain myself. Stony appears in my doorway and I just wanna hop on him. But he dives on the bed and I fall back, he wiggles between my legs. "Cancun tomorrow, yay!" He tries sounding like an exited girl.

"I'm so ready." I laugh at him.

"I'm so ready," he kisses me. "I know you are."

"What did Kenny say?"

Stony rolled off me onto his back. "He's mad I'm considering quitting."

"Stop saying you're quitting." I continue putting my clothes into my suitcase.

"I might...I really don't trust my team besides Kenny. My dad was able to just hire that young kid to do that."

"You just always been careless with the people around, you're famous now. You have to keep trustworthy people around."

"You right. My mom wants me to come by and look at her toilet. You wanna come?"

"Yeah, just let me finish packing."

***********

We were about to leave the gas station when Stony stopped the car and firmly gripped the steering wheel. I touched his arm. "What's wrong?"

"The young guy who brought me my water that night."

"Okay, before you get out..."

He opened the car and started almost sprinting to the boy. He grabbed him and pulled him around the building where no one would see them. "You drugged my water that night, you caused me to lose."

The boy was terrified as Stony towers over him. You only wanna be looking up at a happy Stony. "Who had you do it?"

"I I I I'm ssss so sorry Mr. West but they promised to payoff my mom's mortgage. We're struggling."

"They who?"

"I'm scared to say Sir."

"Who!" Stony yelled lifting the boy off the ground.

"Mr. Benson and Keem."

"And did they pay your mom's mortgage?"

He shook his head. "No, they just lied. She'll probably lose the house..."

I handed him a card. "Send your information to this email and I will confirm it for you."

"Thank you sir,"

"Next time don't be quick to fuck others over to help yourself. Karma would be for your mom to lose her house behind your stupidity, but I have a heart. I will help this once, next time you gon get what you deserve."

"I know," the young boy then ran off.

*********

His mom left the door open because she was cleaning and airing out the house. I hesitated to go in remembering how I had to hide last time.

Serena hugged us both. "Thank you for coming."

"It's nothing ma, imma go start on replacing this toilet."

"Sorry again about last time."

Stony turned around. "What happened last time?"

"You didn't tell him?"

"I didn't wanna upset him." I loved my man but angry Stony is not a pretty sight.

"Tell me now,"

"Your dad showed up unexpectedly.."