Chapter 11

Johnnisha interviews Damien (Trouble)

I smile. "So, you seem to be a fan favorite. Everyone says good things about you."

"I didn't know," he took a puff of his blunt.

"What was it about Chace you had to have?"

"Guess for me it was love at first sight...Shit may seem cliche but it was."

"You just knew he was the one?"

"See, I don't know if I can say 'knew he was the one' but I wanted him to be."

"You love him...and you went through a lot of heartbreak he to finally get him in the end."

He nodded. "So much fuckin heartache."

"Why? Even after he cheated on you with Khi, then chose Khi."

"I was in so deep by then...I didn't care."

"Was he your first love?"

"Second,"

"And your third?"

He turned his face. "Carter."

"Carter said he wanted to just keep his name the same...so you did love Carter?"

"Yes, Carter was good to me."

"Why didn't you two workout?"

He looked away again. "I couldn't get over Chace."

"Chace was with Khi at this time, why you think he wouldn't leave you and Carter alone?"

He shrugged. "I think the hardest thing was us both being mutual friends with Big Spence. So we still had to occasionally be around each other. It's hard to put out a burning grill if you keep feeding it coal."

"I like that, might use it in the book. You mind?

"Not at all,"

"Spence...Chace best friend right?"

"Yeah,"

"Spence never tried to intervene the night Chace cheated...some may argue he's partly to blame. Do you?"

He bit his lip in an annoyed way. "I was upset with Big Spence for a minute, when I heard the full story of how it all played out....at the end the day Chace knew very well what he was doing...Chace is to blame."

"and Khi?"

"From my understanding he pushed Chace away several times but he wouldn't budge...in the end they both were wrong." His leg started to shake.

"Should we take a break?"

"Na, you just never realized how much shit really did hurt until you revisit it...wonder how Carter will react when you talk to him bout my part in hurting him"

"We talk tomorrow and I'm excited."

"The threesome? Why initiate that if you had concerns Chace still wanted Khi?"

"Part of me was hoping he'd cuss me out and say he only wanted me and he was over him."

"But instead?"

"It help me come to the realization I was crazy if I thought he'd give up him for me. I was second choice."

"But he did cut him off for four years."

"Four of the happiest years of my life...I don't think he'll ever completely cut him off. I learned to accept it. I do believe he only sees him as his friend now. It's a relief."

"Did some small part of you want to sleep with Khi?"

"Hmm," he ashes his blunt and smirks. "Next question."