Chapter 16

Stony

I waited before I walked inside the house I grew up in. I've always been an obedient child. I never gave my parents trouble, besides getting sent to the office for sticking up for Keem. I turned the knob and stepped into the house. My dad and mom were both seated in the living room.

My dad put on his glasses and my mom stood up to greet me. "Hey baby, happy to be home?" Her eyes looked red and irritated.

"You been crying?"

"Cut the small talk...is what your brother told us true?"

"What is it he told you?"

"Stony, you like men?" He came out and asked.

"Benson, give him time to come in and get comfortable."

My dad stood up. "If your son tells me he like men he ain't gettin comfortable in my house."

"I don't like men,"

My mom and him both smiled at the same time. She held my face.

"I knew that boy was lying through his teeth, my son love women, just like his old man."

I pulled my moms hands from my face. "I don't like men plural, I love a man...just one."

My dad scrunched up his nose. "Love?"

"Yes his name is Jaylen, ma you met him."

She shook her head. "Don't,"

My dad glared at her. "You had that fairy in my house?"

"Benson, I didn't know...well until I saw something that caught my attention but I didn't wanna jumped to conclusions."

"What did you see?" I asked.

"You were just very attentive to him, in the way a man is to a woman."

"Or the way a person is to someone they're dating." I corrected her.

"How you sleep with a man and enjoy it? How?" My dad walked closer to me, overlooking me like I was trash.

"Same way you sleep with your wife and enjoy it."

My dad walked up and put his hand around my throat and pushed me into the wall.

"Benson stop,"

"Don't compare that sickening shit you do, to what my wife and I do."

"Yo dad, get yo hand from around my neck."

"Or what? Think cause you a world renowned boxer you can beat me up?"

"I came over here to have a conversation like we all adults."

He backed up. "You not welcomed here no more."

"Really, what you gon disown me?" I looked over at my mom. "Ma,"

"Benson, he is still our son, you can't make such a drastic decision."

"The hell I can't woman! The man is confused and screwed up in the head...I can't stand to look at him, he makes me wanna throw up."

I was trying to keep my composure but every word cut deep. Every son wants to make his father proud and he's a liar if he say differently. My eyes were watering. "Yeah, I am a bit confused." I wiped my eyes. "The attraction to him is all new for me...everything about him, is a new experience unlocked. But ones that I love.."

"I don't wanna hear it."

"My heart almost burst out of my chest when it hit me I loved him...every kiss is like the first time...and Shit ain't perfect with us, because sometimes he can get on my damn nerves." I laughed as my tears came down. "But he is my peace...he's that good thing I never knew I needed and now I can't live without it."