Chapter 19

Stony

Spence invited me to go out and have drinks with him, Chace, Damien and Khi. First, I thought it would be a little weird but they all genuinely wanted me to come out with them. We pulled up at the strip club I suggested. When I arrived they were all already there. "Ay Westtttt!!!" Spence was clearly drunk.

"See y'all started without ya boy." Spence hugged him and everyone else did a lil handshake.

"Well, you are like twenty minutes late sooo," Damien looked at his phone, which was turned the wrong way, clearly in deep thought trying to process where the time was. Nigga was gone.

Chace flipped it around. I shook my head smiling.

"I had to get some training in before tomorrow."

"Hell yeah, we can't wait man. You going crazy out there." Khi waved the bartender down. "Can I get five shots and a dance?"

"I don't do dances, just serve drinks."

"I appreciate all y'all coming out tomorrow night," I looked at everyone.

"We had too man...." Chace finally said something.

"Thanks...let's move over to the VIP section, people were starting to notice us. I wasn't in the mood to sign autographs.

"Can you just send those shots over?" Khi asked the bartender and she said okay. "You change yo mind bout that dance, I'll give you enough to pay your rent this month."

"It's already paid baby." She winked.

************

After about forty five minutes we had all talked sports, the first time we had some pussy and hip hop beef. We all got a lap dance and it was funny because as sexy as these girls were, they really ain't do nothing for me. Spence, Khi and Damien were having a ball, Khi damn near fucked the girl right there on the couch.

Chace tried passing me another drink but I declined it. "I can't get drunk, I will end up not making it to the fight tomorrow."

"You right." He took the shot himself.

"You might need to slow down too." I laughed looking at the four empty shot glasses in front of him.

""Fuck that.." he sat back on the sofa. "I need to let loose."

"Life?"

He nodded. "Fuckin life, adulting so hyped up and overrated."

"Tell me bout it.."

"Yeah...and what's bothering you?" He told the girl thank you and tipped her a hundred.

"Lost my mom not too long ago and now we raising my sister kid but as ours. I always kinda dealt with depression, in a way. Sometimes it's like I can't even escape my reality."

"I get you...I suffer from that shit at times too. I never really had a childhood, and the most recent thing I learned is that my brother and dad don't like me."

He shook his head. "Yo own blood?"

I nodded. "I only ever wanted all this to get my family out of poverty. It's hard watching the ones you love struggle."

"But with mo money,"

"Comes mo problems." I finished for him.

"Yeah, with Spence he deal with that with family members who never helped them when his dad had a stroke. Yet, they always got they hand out."

"He got a good presence about him,"

He smiled. "That man is really a good dude, you will never find another human more genuine."