Chapter 20

Eight Hours until the Fight
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jaylen

"Wake yo ass up, we gotta get some breakfast going." I stand beside him on the bed.

His eyes slowly open. "What time it is damn..and it's too early for you to be that loud."

"Like it was too late for y'all to be as loud as y'all were waking me up."

"Don't do what I do, be better." He closed his eyes back and turned his back to me.

I jumped oh him and started tickling his ribs. "I said get up."

"Okay, okay...chill...imma get up."

******

We did breakfast buffet style, Khi and Spence were up folding their covers and putting them away. "Hey I just wanna say sorry bout how we just came through yo spot last night. Also before you touch that food Chace, let me just bring everyone in real quick."

Every stood around the island. "Bow y'all heads. Dear Heavenly Father, I wanna ask you to be with Stony tonight and make sure it's a nice and clean fight. I just ask that you have your hand in that building tonight. Thank you for this good and bless it to our bodies. Amen."

"Amen." Everyone said.

After we all ate everyone headed back to their hotels and I kissed my baby bye and told him I'd see him tonight.

I went to see his mom and finish helping her pack. It was weird stuffing his dad stuff into boxes. His mom ran her fingers across an old photo album of their wedding. "You were pregnant?"

"Yes and it was quite the scandal back then, sex before marriage was frowned upon." She smiled. "Benson was worth the scolding I received from my father, who I admired very much."

"It's like that with my dad also, he didn't take me being gay easy at first but he saw that it didn't take from anything we did together. I was always going to be his son."

"Wish Benson wasn't so stubborn and could see it that way."

"Other family members stopped coming around and never accepted it but my parents chose me, but I am banned from visiting most relatives In Puerto Rico."

She kissed her teeth. "This world has still not figured out that we are all just out here surviving and needing love."

"Facts."

She put her hand on mine. "Thank you for loving my son, for a long time I thought he'd never find it."

"Loving yourself is my favorite thing to do."

She touched her heart. "Beautiful,"

"Are you coming to the fight?"

"I can't stand to see him fight, as his mom it's difficult. It's easier to watch from home."

"Truthfully I hate to see it as well, but he said he needs me there. I can't tell him no."

"He's your partner, I get it."

We heard a door slam. She immediately got off the floor and peaked out her window. "Oh God, Jaylen go hide in my room under the bed.

"Huh?"

"It's Benson and if he was to see you in here..." she gave me a worried look. "I'm not sure what he'd do. He keeps a gun on him."

I jumped to my feet, ran into her bedroom and quickly went under the bed. My heart was pounding. I checked my pocket but I must've forgot my phone in the living room. I closed my eyes and tried to control my breathing. I thought about the smile Stony had on his face when he left this afternoon. That helped. I hear shouting, then footsteps getting closer. You do not need to anything in here, I told you I would pack up everything."