Chapter 25

Stony

"Just here to drop off some stuff."

"We should get right back into training for next time you get the opportunity."

"I'm taking a vacation."

"With the guy you um..."

"Fucking the guy I'm fucking." I straight up said it. People on the gym side eyed me.

"I don't have anything if him of it doesn't interfere with work."

"Im taking a break with my man and when I come back I'll see what it is I want."

"You mean you think you done with fighting?" Kenny follows me the office.

"I might take a long break."

"Long like a few weeks?"

"Long like a few years."

Kenny closes the office door. "These are your prime years Stony...you have to take advantage while you're still young."

"Fighting is not everything it once was...Jaylen is."

Kenny laughs. "You have known him for that long and you're willing to throw fighting away?"

"Now you getting the hang of it."

"You are making a big mistake kid...you will find a hundred more people who will like you, but you get a hundred chances to be a champion."

"Jaylen is the prize for me...this shit is pointless to continue and you real quiet about what my dad did. Give me some time."

"Benson was wrong...I can't stress that enough but you can't let that stop you."

"I'm out." I opens the door to the office and left.

**************

Carter

I sat down in Aiden's office waiting for him. It had been a few weeks since I saw him. I heard the door open and I didn't even turn to look at him. He took a seat in his chair. "Why do you wanna cut things off?"

"I need a some time."

"Carter you did something...seeing your ex changed your mind."

"No,"

"You're lying and you know I can tell when you are."

"You don't know me that well,"

He smiled and he's undeniably sexy. "You went up there and let him get in your head."

I stood up to leave. "Carter sit the fuck down and have a adult conversation with me."

"I just want a little time Aiden,"

"Okay but should I wait or go on with my life?"

"I don't know how to answer that."

He stood up and walked around his desk sitting up against it in front of me. "Did you spend time with Damien after o left?"

"We all went to Jaylen and Stony's for food and drinks."

He chews on the insides of his cheek. "Did you fuck him?"

I just stood there, then sat back down. He kneeled down in front of me. "You worked so hard to and got so far...and just like that you gave him power over you again."

"Not necessarily,"

"You are suppose to go this weekend with me and my family on a cruise."

"Okay, I'll just tell them we can't make it...let's use this weekend to workout things between us. Maybe you can tell me even that happened?"