Chapter 21

Jaylen

"We are going to run a CYD drink spiking test on him and also take a blood sample.....can you tell us why you have reason to believe he was drugged?" The doctor asked.

"It's hard to say now...for now we just wanna be sure he's okay." I wasn't sure how Stony wanted to handle everything and I didn't have any proof it was his dad.

"Well, we are required to alert the authorities of this if it is a possible crime..."

"We understand that but as for now just go make sure my son is okay." Serena stepped in.

"Okay ma'am..you are his mother and his appointed surrogate. He is going to be okay, we are giving him water and running that test. We will allow you all to see him as soon as we have him stabilized." The doctor left. It wasn't it long before paparazzi was surrounding the hospital.

**********

After a good hour the nurse said we could go back and see him. Serena took my hand and we both walked back together. We stopped at the door and she rubbed my arm. "You go, I need a second."

"He's doing okay..."

"I can't believe Benson would go this far...he could have seriously hurt him."

"I know this is a lot..."

"Stony was always such a sweet child, always. I just don't understand why his father is going this hard...it's like I been married to a stranger this entire time...I am embarrassed."

"You couldn't have known."

"You go...I'll be in."

I wanted to stay and comfort her but I had to touch him, see him, smell him. I almost ran to him, when I opened the door. He was on his side facing the window. I walked around to see his face and he was awake. I laid on top of him. "Oh my gosh, I wasn't expecting you to be awake."

He didn't say anything.

I looked at his face. "Stony,"

A tear fell out his eye and rolled across his nose to the pillow. "I worked so fuckin hard for that title...so hard."

"I'm so sorry baby...your dad is evil for what he did."

He closed his eyes, that were bruised, his lips were swollen also, he was pretty beat up. "How can he hate me that much?"

"I don't know.."

"I wanna be done with this shit.."

"what do you mean?"

"I don't wanna fight anymore...I don't have the same passion for it."

"You can't give it up...you are so good at it." I placed my hand on his face.

"My brother used to come to every match and now I never see him...my dad would brag to his friends about me." He kind of pushed my hand away. "Now....this."

"You mean being with me?"

He turned on his back and shrugged.

"You came on to me Stony, remember?" I reminded him. "I was in my own world, minding my business and you..."

"Let's not do the finger pointing right now. I'm not really in the mood for it."

"Stony I love you aaight? You gotta know I want you happy because I feed off that. It fucks with me that this is happening to you and I want nothing else than to here for you..."

"Just really need a moment to myself,"

"No,"

He turned to look at me. "What?"