(Just being proactive lmao as many had asked the reason Roman calls them Darling and Vernost is because those are their last names. Patton Darling and Logan Vernost)

"DARLING!" Roman yelled out as he burst into his castle, making the very walls shake at his presence. Servants scattered about avoiding him as he advanced to the infirmary. "Darling!"

"Yes, Your Highness." Roman faltered as he looked over to see the spring fae standing there with a soft smile. That was until he noticed what Roman was holding. "Wait-..." Roman thrust the man into the other fae's arms with a growl before gesturing to follow him into the infirmary. "Your Highness?"

"I've healed all life-threatening injuries that I know of but you know more about humans than I do." Roman hissed as the other fae quickly laid Virgil as gently as he could onto one of the cots. "You'd know if there's more for me to do. Correct?"

"Well, yes, of course, Your Highness. I'm just a bit confused." Roman's eyes narrowed as the other started to take Virgil's jacket off so that he could get a better look over him. "How is it this human came to be with you?"

"The human fell into my circle." The fae hesitated a bit, his light pink eyes flashing, before he just sighed and turned back to what he was doing. "I expect you to be thorough, Darling."

"Yes, Your Highness... And please Sir. You may call me Patton." Patton smiled as he tried to give the other a soft look, only for Roman's eyes to narrow.

"Don't get distracted, Darling. I am to make sure the human remains alive. I need to know just how to ensure that." Patton sighed as he nodded and carefully pulled Virgil's shirt off only to crash over how thin the poor man was.

"Poor, Kiddo. So young, just barely an adult, and yet... so sickly."

"Sickly?" Patton jumped a bit before nodding and melting into his usual routine of checking people over. Roman watched with a numb expression as he just stood off to the side letting Patton do his job. "What makes the human sickly?"

"He's thin... pale..." Patton gently lifted Virgil's right arm, his eyes filled with sadness as he took in all the cuts and scraps. "He's no doubt been without proper food and hydration for a while. I wonder if he's even slept at all with how pronounced the shadows are around his eyes."

"Are any of those life-threatening?" Patton sighed as he had to pause for a bit and remember just who it was he was speaking to before nodding. Roman's eyes darkened as Patton took a deep breath to meet his gaze.

"A human cannot survive long without food or sleep. Even less without water... If they do not get enough food, water, or sleep they will become weak physically as well as prone to sickness. Being as weak as they are because of it... that sickness could very well become life-threatening on its own."

"So how do I fix it?" Patton just blinked as he desperately tried not to snap over the use of 'it'. Roman growled as he just stared down at the human with an almost disdain.

"You didn't have to save him." Roman's eyes only fell more as Patton's voice barely came to sound. "You could have just left him."

"Darling-..."

"Please forgive me, Your Highness, but I only speak the truth. You did not need to help this man at all. Especially with how you feel about humans..."

"I could not very well let something die in my circle-..."

"It wouldn't have been the first time." Roman growled making Patton now his head in submission. "My apologies, Your Highness. I meant no disrespect. I was merely voicing my confusion."

"How. Do. I. Fix. It?"

"I will do a thorough examination and report to you the moment I finish. I won't be sure of anything until then." Roman nodded as he started for the door only for Patton to call out for him again suddenly. " However, Your Highness, for starters you will need to provide him with food, water, and a room of his own. I know not what you intend for him but without those, at the least, he will not regain any strength."