Patton was humming a soft tone as he finished up the last of his cleaning in the infirmary. The whole castle had spent the day just getting everything cleaned and set up for the prince's departure the next day. Sure only a select few were leaving, meaning the rest of the staff were responsible for the castle, but that didn't mean Patton was just going to leave them with all this to do. He assumed Virgil felt the same as he hadn't seen the kiddo once that whole day.

Patton stretched himself out as he carefully closed everything up before making his way down towards his room. He had just managed to pass the kitchen when the sound of clattering caught his attention. He frowned as he slowly made his way in, spotting a familiar face carrying a bucket.

"Kiddo?" Virgil froze like ice as he suddenly jerked up, splashing water in the action, to see Patton standing there in front of him. "What are you doing still up?" Virgil hesitated slightly before just gesturing with the bucket making Patton's eyes darken.

"Are you still cleaning?" Virgil nodded before trying to walk past Patton, only for the older fae to walk with him. "Why? It's late. I've just finished everything myself." Virgil groaned before gesturing with the bucket again making Patton chuckle.

"Go to bed, Kiddo. We're leaving tomorrow. You don't want too exhausted for the trip. Trust me." Virgil simply gave him a look making Patton sigh, and hold his hands up in defeat. The human was stubborn after all. Virgil quickly walked off leaving Patton there alone in the hall, a worried yet tired look in his pink eyes. "Just please make sure you've gotten rest. Ok, kiddo?" Virgil gave Patton a wave before quickly disappearing down another hall.

He quickly made his way to the armory, wanting to make sure everything was ok. He had spent all morning cleaning and recleaning everything he had to, before going to the garden to make sure it was taken care of. He then spent the remainder of the afternoon packing and going over everything to make sure he had anything he might need should something go wrong. He had to have Patton give him another bag or two just so he could fit everything AND have room for his clothes. Now he was just focusing on making sure Roman's things were good and ready. As Logan had told him since he was going on a mission as the Summer Prince, he would need to present as such and be prepared for any trouble.

Virgil carefully set the bucket down, groaning at the water that splashed about. He hesitantly grabbed the large sword. His eyes shined as he gently tugged the heavy blade out of its leather confines. He couldn't help but smile, as he laid the sheath beside him. It wasn't like he enjoyed violence as he had heard swords so closely tied to. But he did enjoy the image the sword gave him... imagining the prince holding it tightly as he fought to protect his people.

Virgil grabbed the cloth and dipped it into the suds before just doing his best to clean the blade. He sat there for a while lost in his thoughts as he melted into the repetitive movements. The sword itself looked as if made of silver but held a glimmer in it as if the metal sparkled instead of reflected light. Virgil knew it wasn't silver as that and iron were dangerous for fae but the odd material looked pretty in his opinion. Gold accents ran up the blade in runes and designs before hitting the golden hilt with a sort of white marble grip. Of course, it was all wrapped up with a red rope making it hard to see the marble at all.

After cleaning it up, Virgil made sure to oil it, not wanting to leave it to rust or anything. He didn't know what time it was, or how long he had been sitting there. He couldn't feel his exhaustion creeping up on him. When he was done with the sword he carefully put it back into its scabbard before putting it over his shoulder and grabbing the bucket.

He carried it all back to the kitchen, dumping the bucket before hurrying back to his room. He gently set the sword beside the rest of Roman's armor, which he had cleaned up for the next day. Virgil groaned as he laid himself down on the bed finally letting himself relax. He's been working nonstop since the moment the mission was brought up. He hadn't allowed himself any time to rest as he had to make sure they were all prepared. Not to mention there was absolutely no way he was going to leave the rest of the staff stuck doing his job while he was away.