19

(Trigger Warning~ Mentions of hunger/starving and not being able to eat, Heated, Implied smut)

"Your Highness-..."

"I know, Logan." Roman sighed as he sat down in the large recliner with a groan. "I am fully aware of the problem, but... what exactly am I supposed to do about it?"

"Well... I'd recommend fixing it." Roman glared the other down as Logan leaned against the other's desk. "Sir, there is no ignoring it-..." Logan cut himself off as he shook his head. "I can understand you not wanting to get another fae involved in this, but is your excuse for refusing Sharpe?"

"I am NOT going to use him like that."

"Devo." Roman cringed as Logan pushed himself off the desk with a pointed look. "You don't have a choice."

"I'll be fine." Roman swallowed the lie as he laughed it all off. "It's not even that bad. I don't even feel it." Logan froze, eyes flashing brightly with a sort of worry before it was gone in a blink.

"You're lying." Roman paled as Logan's voice came out in a growl. "And don't you bother to say you aren't when I can SEE your hands shaking. Devo... "

"I-...I'm sorry. I don't know how it's possible. It's just..." Logan's eyes narrowed as Roman huffed, deflating further into his chair. "I'm assuming it must be a symptom of the illness. Although, I will admit that lies taste horrible. I don't understand how Janus likes them so much."

"He finds them interesting. As even though he is half Serpentine Faery and half Court Fae, he does not possess the ability to lie." Logan hesitated a moment before shaking himself out of his thoughts and seemingly shutting down. "However, all that means now is that I'll have to start paying close attention to what you say." Roman growled, making Logan glare him down. "Don't give me that. You've JUST proven to me you have no qualms in lying about serious matters such as your health and safety."

"I. AM. FINE."

"You are starving, Roman! That isn't fine." Roman flinched as Logan's voice echoed throughout the room. His dark summer sea blue magic swirling around him in a haze. "You haven't fed in several months."

"And exactly how am I supposed to do that?" Roman snapped making Logan bow his head in submission. "I feed of LOVE, Logan! Love... Desire... LUST! How am I supposed to feed?"

"Your Highness-..."

"No, I need you to think about this, Logan. How am I supposed to feed?" Logan sighed as Roman's eyes teared up in frustration. "If I lost control while feeding then that means another fae learns about the infection. And if that happens, then the entire kingdom learns about it because there is no way we could force them into silence. So, please? Explain it to me... How am I going to feed?"

"You have your Poppet."

"Logan, I-..."

"I very much doubt Sharpe would care at all, considering. He's made it quite clear that no matter what it is that you do or allow done to him, he accepts it and moves on. You allowed two fae to torture him, Sir... and he didn't bat an eye or hold any grudges." Roman growled as he gripped the arms of his chair tightly.

"He might not care but I do. I won't do that to him. And I SWORE I would never let anything happen to him again. I made a promise." Logan's face fell as Roman started to cry, tears occasionally falling down his anger-flushed cheeks. "And as a fae... I cannot break my word. No one will ever hurt or take advantage of him like that if I can help it. Especially not me..."

"You need to eat." Roman crashed as Logan looked him over, seeing how pale the prince was. "You're drained and starving. You NEED to eat."

"I'll figure something out... for now though, I am fine." Roman smiled sadly as Logan just huffed and stormed out of the room. Roman gently wiped his tears away before just staring off into nothing, only to hear a soft cough. His eyes shimmered brightly as he turned to see Virgil standing there. "Poppet. You're so quiet. I didn't hear you come in."