15

(Trigger warning- panic attack)

"Might I inquire where it is you are going?" Virgil tensed, anxiously fidgeting, as Logan stopped him in the hall. It wasn't anything bad. Logan was just curious is all. But with all the anxiousness Virgil was already feeling it was hard not to get a bit worried. "Uh... Poppet?" Virgil cringed a bit. He found he didn't like it when people other than Roman said it. Roman said it like it was a nice pet name. Something he deemed to fit him, while the others spoke it with no emotion at all as if it was just another name with no importance. Virgil sighed as he crossed his middle finger and pointer before gently tapping both sides of his nose, and Logan's eyes widened.

"Ah... You are going to see His Highness? Very well then..." Virgil just smiled as Logan decided to walk off, only to hesitate a bit. "You know, I have been curious..." Virgil jumped a bit, just being startled since he hadn't expected Logan to start talking again. "I've been wondering why you refer to The Prince by the sign for 'Rose'. You use that one far more than the actual sign for 'prince'. I suppose it has to do with him being The Prince of Summer, summer fae being those that typically lean towards feelings of Romance, Affection, and or Creativity; since the rose is most known for denoting Love." Logan sighed as he shook his head and waved himself off. "No matter. It's not of any importance. Sorry for holding you up."

Virgil just blinked as Logan quickly walked off without another word. Virgil laughed a bit as he rolled his eyes. Logan would be curious about everything... even something as small as that. It honestly made Virgil laugh. And considering how worried and anxious he had been for the last couple of days, he needed it.

Roman had been sick. Or at least that's what Virgil had heard. Since Virgil had seen the prince that one day, Roman hadn't left his room once and it was starting to get to him. That's why he was going to see him. He just wanted to make sure the other was ok. Or see if there was anything he could do to help.

Virgil hesitated at the prince's door. He had his hand up to knock not the anxiety he felt made him freeze up. What if there was something wrong? What if Roman sent him away? He was too worried to deal with any of that. Virgil shook himself out of his thoughts before just opening the door... after all the worst thing that could happen besides finding Roman dead by just going in without knocking, is seeing Roman naked... and he's already done that thanks to Roman's inability to care about things like that.

Virgil gently pushed the door open, glancing about just in case, before looking over to the bed to see Roman. The poor prince looked so uncomfortable and sick. Virgil frowned as he made his way over to him as quietly as he could. He didn't want to wake him if the prince needed the rest. Roman looked horrible and flushed. His typically honey-caramel skin looked far too pale. He was covered in sweat making his hair stick to his skin.

Virgil ran and got a bowl of cool water and a cloth before sitting himself beside the prince. He gently dabbed the wet cloth against the prince's skin, hoping to help cool the other down. Roman groaned at the feeling at first, seemingly trying to move away from the cold cloth. Virgil just chuckled a bit as he continued to just dab it over Roman's forehead and cheek, until Roman reached up, placing his hand over Virgil's that had just placed the cloth gently against the prince's jaw. Roman's mouth parted slightly as he leaned a bit into the cooling touch making Virgil smile.

Roman's eyes fluttered just a bit as his grip tightened before his whole body seemed to tense and go stiff. He grunted and fussed, just trying to get air back into his lungs as pain sparked through him again. Virgil sighed as he gently pulled his hand away, just staring at Roman with concern. That was until Roman's eyes finally opened revealing them to be so dazed and out of it. Virgil frowned as he tried to cool him off again only to freeze up seeing the black veins start to trail down the prince's temples. It was a slow crawl at first. Hardly noticeable until it had trailed down to his jaw. Virgil shot up instantly as Roman's back arched with a cry.