(TW- Self-Hate)

"Are you sure you'll be able to handle this?" Virgil frowned as he glanced over at the prince who was putting his sword into his sheath. Since Virgil had woken up Roman had been pushing for him to rest more, apparently, he got it in his head that Virgil was going to drop from the heat every two gosh darn minutes. Virgil sighed as he just nodded, going through his bag to make sure he had everything.

Roman's eyes narrowed as he looked the human over. He was concerned, to say the least. He knew humans were fragile, and his human seemed to be more so than he would have assumed normal. Sure Virgil had been getting far healthier than he was when he first arrived but he was still nowhere near 'healthy' enough, for either Roman's or Patton's standards. Roman didn't want to turn around and find out that once again his human had fallen ill or lost consciousness.

"Are you sure?" Virgil sighed as he turned to give Roman a very serious look as he nodded again. He could see how just ever so slightly, Roman's shoulders relaxed and for the first time he realized just how genuinely concerned the prince was over his wellbeing... and not JUST being overprotective. "Alright... I'm taking your word for it, Poppet. However, if you find yourself falling ill you are REQUIRED to inform me. I can't have you passing out in the village. Understand?" Virgil nodded again noticing how Roman's lips quirked just a bit like a smile before holding his hand out. Virgil frowned in confusion until he saw the band in Roman's hand.

"My apologies, but if you are to join us..." Roman started as he took the band and held it up to Virgil's neck so he could latch it. "You need something obvious for them to know you belong to me." Virgil shuddered as Roman's hands gently ran down his shoulders, while the prince's lips ghosted his ears. "Besides, now I don't need to sneak a peek at your bracelet just to see my color on you... The reds right there in the open."

"Are you sure, you are ok with the human wearing that?" Logan asked with a subtle frown. Roman had given Virgil a black choker band with a large ruby in the center, flush against the other's pale skin.

"Of course." Roman smiled as he held Virgil by the arms tighter. "I can't have any random fae seeing him and thinking he's fair game. He belongs solely to me. Isn't that right, My Dear?" Roman growled the last part out making Virgil flush and give a very hesitant nod. "Good. Now... we must be off. Logan?"

"As you wish, Sir."

Virgil clung tight to Roman's side as they entered the village, his anxiety building in him. He was never good with people and his old city had been chock-full of them. Sure this village was small in comparison to where Virgil came from but even still... it was full of strangers. Fae, who were all dangerous compared to him. Any number of them could decide they would much rather burn him alive than have him take another breath.

"Stay close to me, Dear." Virgil nodded furiously as Roman gave him a small smile in response. "Logan?"

"I'm already on it, Sir." Logan called back, making Virgil snap over, to see Logan writing away in this book. "This town looks..."

"Broken." Roman finished before sighing and gesturing towards a guard. Logan nodded and the two made their way over to talk with them. Virgil would have followed, not wanting to leave his prince and the safety Roman provided... only there was something that managed to catch his eyes. A small fae boy was sneaking behind this one building with a small thing of cloth and his chest instantly clenched recognizing the scene from his time on earth.

He glanced over at Roman seeing him and Logan in a deep conversation and decided it was best he didn't disturb him. Besides, he didn't know how Roman would react to the boy anyway. He didn't want to risk the poor child getting in trouble if he wasn't doing anything wrong. Virgil gulped down his anxiety as he took a deep breath and slowly followed after the boy.