🔅> 13

Chapter 13> megumi

Akino left Shokos office alone, her hands bandaged up

Akino left Shokos office alone, her hands bandaged up. Shoko said she burned herself when she got angry with Mai; this was unusual.

As she walked, Akino looked at her palms and sighed.

'how could i have been so stupid'

"Yemi."

She spun around to see Megumi at the end of the hall, a bandage around his head and one on his cheek. He looked at her hands and then to the floor.

"Fushiguro?"

"Are you alright?"

He asked, walking closer. She nodded and looked to the bandaid on his left cheek.

"Are you?"

He also nodded. It fell silent between the two.

Akino lightly touched his bandaid on his face with her thumb. His eyes widened at her touch, but he slowly reached up to grab her hand and press it firmly to his face.

"I am sorry."

She spoke. He furrowed his eyebrows and tilted his head.

"For what?"

Akino stepped back, her hand slipping from his and gently grabbing at his wrist. She rolled up his sleeve to show the burn marks scattered on his skin on the inside of his arm. He had some on his lower stomach as well but she wasn't going to lift his shirt up to check.

"I feel the heat from them. I am sorry Fushiguro Kun.."

She was being overly gentle with him, scared that he would pull away from her hands in fear.

"Megumi."

He stated. He rolled down his sleeve and took both her hands in his, folding his fingers within hers.

"Huh?"

"Call me Megumi."

She gasped with pink cheeks. His eyes looked into hers intently.

"Megumi.."

She called.

He smiled, bringing her arms up around his neck and letting go. He pulled her waist in closer for a hug and rested his head in the crook of her neck.

"It didn't hurt to bad so don't feel sorry."

He mumbled against her skin.

They were both blushing messes. To calm her heart, she played with the ends of his hair in hope to catch her breathing.

"o..okay."

He hummed. Megumi enjoyed her warmth but knew he couldn't stand there all day with her in his arms. He eventually pulled away, patting her head before turning to walk away.

She stood there a good five minutes. She couldn't understand what that was about.

'maybe he hit his head a little too hard?'

"Kelp."

Akino yelped, a small spark appearing above her head. She placed a hand to her heart and stared at Inumaki.

He was laughing at her.

"You are so mean, Inumaki Senpai."

She glared. After he calmed down his laugh he sighed and asked,

"Mustard leaf?"

"I'm fine ... actually... may I vent to you about something?"

He nodded and motioned for her to follow him into his room. He pointed to the bed before shutting the door. He unzipped his jacket and laid it on the desk chair.

The two had alone conversations in here before, practicing her limitless to block his technique.

Inumaki put his hands to his ears as a gesture to turn it on.

"I did."

"Okay."

He spoke softly. He sat criss crossed in front of her, waiting patiently to hear what she had to say.

She explained the whole thing that happened with Fushiguro. The whole thing. Inumaki was very invested.

"Then, he just left me there!"

"No way!"

"Yeah! What does that even mean?"

"I have no idea. Maybe he's into you?"

He questioned. Akinos face went blank, no emotion what so ever.

"Now that is crazy thinking, Inumaki Senpai."

"Well, I have never seen Fushiguro interact with a girl before other than Maki and Nobara. He has never done anything like that to them before, though."

"Fushiguro does not seem to be the type to want a relationship with girls."

Akino added.

"Are you?"

"huh?"

"Do you want a relationship at some point?"

Akino thought about this question. She didn't have an answer on the top of her head. Dating wasn't really much a concern of hers before. Boys in school would say they had a crush on her but she didn't care nor did she stay long enough to act upon questionable feelings.

"Maybe? I don't really know if I am about that life."

He nodded.

"Promise me if anything else happens I will be the first to know."

He smiled wide.

"Of course! Thank you so much for listening. I was so confused."

"I will always listen when you need."

She smiled one last time before walking out of his room, waving as he shut the door.

'I wonder what Yuta would think of this.'