🔅> 24

Chapter 24> family

The curse pulled yellow energy from its hands and flung it at Megumi

The curse pulled yellow energy from its hands and flung it at Megumi. The strong attack was shielded by his sword but it broke it into pieces.

When the curse disappeared from Akinos sight, it appeared close to Megumis face. It's fist was just a few centimeters away from hitting the boy.

Akino yelled at him to move back so she could make an attack of her own. With the heat of her hand, the blade turned a bright yellow.

Megumi had his dog pull him out and that's when she took his place, swinging the blade to cut the curses hand off.

It stood back and looked at its lost hand. Seconds later it regenerated.

From behind, Megumi held his hands out to summon another shikigami.

"Nue!"

He didn't get it out in time. The curse punched Megumis and he flew back into a wall. Megumi was out cold from the impact. The curse turned to face Akino with a wide toothed grin.

She gripped the sword tighter.

"You just made a huge mistake!"

Yemi laughed with craze laced within her voice. Her body grew brighter, an aura of light energy completely surrounding her. The heat within the domain became excruciating.

With Megumis eyes closed, she was free to use her power at a higher percentage.

On her own, Akino managed to hold off the curse with ease. The feeling of fighting something strong made her feel like training all these years wasn't a waste.

The sword given to her sliced into the curses chest and cut down it's body. It shrieked and kicked her away harshly. Too much energy was being put into her attacks that she couldn't keep limitless up any longer.

Akino rolled over the ground and her back slammed into a wall. Her body lyed flat to the ground, hair covering her face completely.

With a groan, she sat up. Akino shifted to sit with her back against the wall. The curses back faced her and it walked closer to where Megumi was.

Akino took a deep breath. Cursed energy surrounded her body like it did all those years back.

"Melting Su-"

"Akino..."

Megumi mumbled and looked around. He found where she was sitting, blood dripping from her lips, eyes and hands. He knew she was at her limit.