🔅> 23

Chapter 23> fighting partners

Megumi explained his plan to Akino while they slid down the dirt hill

Megumi explained his plan to Akino while they slid down the dirt hill. She listened carefully to every detail.

He held out a hand for her at the bottom. She took it and jumped down.

Megumi was in his thoughts for a few minutes, not noticing the two behind his back.

Akino did but they motioned at her to hush.

"You tell us so little about yourself."

Kugisaki rested a hand on Megumis left shoulder. Itadori stood at his right and agreed with what Nobara previously said.

Megumi groaned and hung his head.

"You're seriously at your wits end if you didn't notice us until now. And you took Akino with you thinking we wouldn't show up? You are really loosing your mind, Fushiguro."

"Did you call them?"

He asked Akino who shook her head.

"I don't have my phone on."

"Fushiguro, we don't expect you to tell us everything but at least rely on us. We're friends aren't we?"

Itadori asked.

The warm wind blew through everyone's hair.

"My sister Tsumiki, she's still bedridden. The curse of the bridge only appears before its victims. Since she can't communicate, I have no idea when she will be killed. So, I want to exorcise it immediately."

Megumi confessed. They listened but switched the mood to a more positive one.

"Oh, Oh, I get it now!"

"That's all you needed to tell us!"

Nobara and Itadori exclaimed.

Kugisaki and Itadori walked away from the quieter friends of the group.

Akino and Megumi looked at each other and both shared a smile.

They were lucky to have such good friends.

The four found the small river that ran under the bridge and all lined up on one side.

"I feel like me saying 'Together, yes' gives bad vibes."

Akino said quietly.