🔅> 18

Chapter 18> baseball

The next day all the students, both Tokyo and Kyoto, gathered in one room with Gojo and a few other adults

Kamo made his way over to Akino who stood beside Maki and Panda.

"Chiyemi San, I owe you a thanks for helping me out the day before."

He bowed before her and she did the same.

"It was no problem. Im glad you are safe."

He nodded, offering a smile before walking back to his classmates.

"What did you help him with?"

Maki asked. Akino looked up at her tall friend.

"Him and Inumaki both passed out so I carried them to safety."

She answered like it was no big deal. Maki gawked, though.

"Both?!"

"Yes."

"On your own?!"

"Yes, Maki."

She giggled. Maki teared up, patting the girls head.

"They grow up so fast."

She said to Panda who agreed.

Gojo soon announced that there would be no individual battles and this made every single student confused. Visible '?' could be seen above their heads.

"We put ideas in a box and were gonna draw to see what we will do today!"

He announced and threw a box at Yuuji. He caught it, and pulled a piece of paper out.

"Baseball?"

Both principals surrounded the boy and questioned the paper.

Gojo winked at Yemi before leaving the room.

"I could have sworn..Satoru get back here!"

Yaga shouted.

🔅

Itadori was the catcher for Tokyo, Maki being the pitcher. Up to bat first was was Kamo.

He didn't swing a single time.

"Kamo, you can't hit a ball if you don't swing!"

Utahime shouted.

The teams swapped out and Tokyo was to bat next. Nobara was first up.

"Call me Mah Kun of Tohoku."

She spoke confidently. Yuuji was helping Akino get her helmet and wrist guard on before they both turned to look at Nobara with a worried look.

"He is a pitcher."

Akino giggled.

"Bonito Flakes."

She looked back to her team with a growl.

Squeaking was heard rolling up the field and that's when everyone noticed Mai bringing a pitching machine to the pitchers mound.

"Hold on!"

"What the hell?"

Nobara and Akino screamed. Chiyemi pushed Itadori to the side and picked up a bat while Nobara threw her helmet to the ground.

"Kugisaki and Chiyemi snapped!"

Itadori cried. Panda held Nobara back in the center of the field while Fushiguro ran to stop Chiyemi.

"Why is she like this?"

Akino shouted.

"That's obviously a pitching machine!"

"Pitching machine? It's Mechamaru."

Mai denied Nobaras claim quickly. She said Panda destroyed the real Mechamaru so this is all they had left of him.

"This cannot be for real."

Akino rolled her eyes and shrugged Megumi off. She walked back to the bench and plopped beside Inumkai who laughed at her angry face.

"Hush it."

Nobara hit the ball with all she could, it flying out far. She ran to first base while screaming.

"Yemi San!"

Itadori called. She made her way to home base and got ready to strike the ball. Todo was behind her, ready to catch it.

She missed the first ball and sighed. 

The second ball came at her and she hit it far out field, further than Nobara did. She ran to first base quickly and Nobara ran to second.

"Nice one Aki Chan!"

Gojo and her friends cheered Akino and Nobara on.

Next up was Megumi who got an out. Panda made it to first base and Nobara came home. Soon enough Panda and Akino joined her and they celebrated.

The teams switched out again and Todo stood infront of Yuuji to bat. He talked for too long. Maki threw a ball that smashed into his face and he immediately fell into Itadoris lap.

"Nice pitch!"

"Nice!"

"Maki san, nice pitch!"

Everyone shouted.

"Todo, eveyone really hates you..!"

To end the game, Itadori hit a home run, bringing eveyone home and shocking all players. Tokyo cheered for Itadori and their win.

"Nice job Itadori!"

Akino jumped up and down. He smiled and gave her a high five with both of his hands.

"Good game, Yemi San!"

This day was definitely better than the day before last.