33> 🔅

Chapter 33> Faith

"To-todo Kun!"

Shoko shouted as the big student came out of nowhere. He picked up Akinos exhausted body with ease and started to walk away.

"Todo Kun, you cannot just take her, she's injured!"

The taller of the two looked down at the nurse. Akino was held bridal style, limply resting in his arms.

"I'm sorry Ieri San but I can feel my best friend losing himself. He needs Miss Yemi."

Shoko couldn't do much to stop him. She was forced to watch Akino leave her watch for the third time that day.

🔅

Todo and his friend, Arata Nitta, walked the city with a sleeping Akino. The uneven steps shook her awake after it became consistent.

Her eyes slowly opened and she looked blankly ahead. It wasn't until a moment after that she realized she were being carried.

Akino looked up at Todo and gasped.

"Oh, you're awake! That's good, I needed to speak with you."

She had no clue where she was and what was happening. Then, it hit her and the flashbacks replayed. Tears spilled down her face and she began to sob.

"Miss Yemi, what's wrong?!"

"I hurt, I hurt so many people. Sukuna made me do it! I was so selfish and wanted to survive with Megumi. I killed so many people it's all my fault!"

Her hands rubbed at her eyes.

"Sukuna is a monster, Yemi San. What he made you do is not your fault."

Nitta said from beside the two. He was oddly comforting.

"It was my fault. I should have died, I wish I died!"

Todo frowned at the girl in his arms.

"Yemi San. My brother is probably thinking the same thing as you."

"Oh god, Yuuji."

She cried more. She didn't want to imagine what he was going through.

"I'm taking you to him so he can find will to fight again! Nobody gets to him the way you do."

Her crying slowed and she looked at the guy who held her. Her eyes were bright pink along with the tip of her nose.