26> 🔅

Chapter 26> Sun and Moon

"Again."

Gojo said after he threw Akino Chiyemi across the room. Fushiguro was there too, but he was told to just watch for now.

Akino slowly stood up and wiped
blood away from her nose.

Gojo had been training Chiyemi day after day for a weak straight. He was not going easy on her either.

All of Akinos friends took notice of her lack of energy. She would come back from class, tired. Training, tired. Missions, tired.

That's the only thing they could tell about Akino. She was no longer herself.

Yuuji, her boyfriend, frowned everytime she walked past him. She would look down and say nothing.

When it was time for bed, he would still come to Akinos room. He held her every night but that's the only interaction they shared.

Gojo was determined to train her well. He knew her technique was strong and that Yuta did well when he worked with Yemi.

But he recently learned new information about the mysterious solor powered girl.

He needed her to be stronger.

Akino held her fist up again, preparing to use her technique. Her cursed energy started at her hands soon engulfing her whole frame.

Her eyes illuminated a dangerous glow. Gojo had to wear his blindfold when training her, and Megumi had to wear special sunglasses to protect his eyes.

"Now, hit me."

Gojo said and watched the girl move at the speed of light. She kicked, punched and jumped around the man but never got a hit in.

He simply pushed her, and she went flying back to the ground.

"What's the issue?"

"I can't touch you Gojo Sensei, I don't know what you want from me!"

Her hands slapped the floor and her hair fell over her face. The yellow faded away and left behind the dark brown. She wasn't sweating yet water dropped to the ground.

"I can't do this! Why..why me?"

Megumi looked away. He felt guilty that he couldn't help her.

Gojo walked over to Akino and kneeled down.

"Because Akino, you're special. You hold great powers that no one was aware of until you were born."

"Why me?"

Tears created a puddle below her.

Gojo sighed and stood up. He hates seeing her so down and weak but he knew one thing.

If she wanted to win the next mission, he needed her to step up.

"Akino, like Yuuji, you are holding something within your body. You could be so much more, I just need you to try."

Akino rubbed her face against her shoulder and sat up.

"Okay."

"Megumi, Akino, pay attention."

"Right."

Gojo paused for a moment, preparing himself to explain the truth behind his madness.

"You both are special children. While Aki Chan was born in Summer, Megumi was born in Winter. Polar opposite seasons, right?"

"Right."

The kids answered.

The man faced the window and continued his speech.

"Akino was born first, and shes powered by the sun. Megumi, what does the sun do for us?"

"Provides light and warmth for us on Earth?"

"Right!"

He cheered with a thumbs up. Akino looked up at him like he was the dumbest man alive.

"So, what does that have to do with us?"

"Megumi is the Ten Shadow User. Now, what creates a shadow?"

"Light."

Megumi said and looked up from the ground. It was starting to make sense.

"Gojo Sensei, you're trying to say that I need her to be at my strongest, right?"

The six eye man smiled. His voice lowered when he spoke next.

"Close. I'm saying you both need each other to be strong. If you use Mahoraga, you die. If Akino used Sunne, she dies. To survive, you have to use and protect each other. Alone, you are still strong but together is always better."

Akino sat up straight and allowed her hair to turn a bright yellow.

If this training was meant to help out a friend, she would gladly destroy her character to be what he needed.

Together, Megumi and Akino stood to their feet. The boy walked to her side and faced his father figure. They fell into a fighting stance with determination written across their faces.

"Then train us to fight together."