Chapter 14: Jisung's Moist Humor

The weekend was over in a flash, and on Monday, as Ava and Hyunjin walked into the college campus, Chan skipped up to them and said, "Guess what!"

"What?" The two roommates spoke in unison.

"Guess?"

"Oh!" Hyunjin's eyes widened, "You slept with Felix!"

"Wha-"

"Or maybeee he told you that he wants to date you?" Ava added.

Chan had a grimacing ༎ຶ⁠‿⁠༎ຶ face as he spoke, "I wish that was true."

"So what else happened?" Ava questioned.

"There's gonna be a play for the next fest in our college!" Chan was all smiley and cheery. Such a babie- *clears throat*

"So?" Hyunjin was the one to ask, "What's so exciting?"

"Dude! Felix is writing the play!" Chan giddily announced.

"That's good?"

"Yes!" Chan chirped, "He's writing Romeo and Juliet!"

Ava and Hyunjin shared a look, "Chan, my bro, I believe that was written a few hundred years ago? Are you keeping track of time?"

"Yeah, go look at a wall clock, dude," Hyunjin is never sane.

Ava side-eyed her roommate and Chan shooed away the stupid ideas, "I mean that Felix is rewriting the play. He's doing it along with another literature student in his batch. Kim Seungmin was the name, yeah? Yeah, him."

"That's actually pretty impressive!" Hyunjin went on a rant, "To capture the true essence of a classic and make it as beautiful and breathtaking as the orginal! To recreate a masterpiece and add your individuality to it! To reconnect the dying emotions of an old story with the audience of the youth! I am fascinated!"

"...Yeah, okay," Chan shrugged, "They're remaking it in a GenZ manner."

Ava snickered at Hyunjin's face.

"Are you guys gonna audition?" Chan asked them, and Ava shrugged, "Sure

"Are you guys gonna audition?" Chan asked them, and Ava shrugged, "Sure. I don't think I'd get selected, but it's worth a try."

"I am definitely gonna audition!" Hyunjin spoke up.

In a different corner of the same campus, Changbin yelled at Minho and Jisung getting out of Minho's car, "HOMIES!"

"Why is he so loud?" Minho complained, "Does he mix Gatorade in his cornflakes every morning?"

"You don't?" Jisung genuinely questioned, and Minho slammed the car door shut on him.

Changbin approached them, and very animatedly, he said, "You guys know Romeo and Juliet?"

"New students?" Jisung asked.

"Why would we have students named like that in South Korea?" Minho rubbed his temples.

"So we can have people named Ava and Kanta in South Korea but not Romeo and Juliet? Shame on you, shame on your cow," Jisung argued.

"You are my cow."

"Aww," Jisung melted in the car seat.

Changbin chose to ignore that (good decision), "So Felix and his friends are rewriting that play and we're all auditioning."

"Huh?" Minho blinked.

"I put down your names, Lee Minho and Han Jisung."

"So Seo Changbin put down Han Jisung's name, but does Han Jisung want to act in the play? Did Seo Changbin not think about Han Jisung's wishes? Is Seo Changbin a fool to have not asked for Han Jisung's consent?" Jisung protested.

"You're making it sound like sex," Minho chortled (yes, the author hates that word but she saw a meme and now the word is canon in this universe).

Changbin and Jisung stared at Minho, and Changbin vaguely asked, "What kind of sex are you talking about...?"

"Ask Arthur, his peepee. Arthur does all the work," Jisung chortled with his moist humor (same reason, the author is laughing at this god knows why).

Minho locked Jisung in the car and sighed, "Han, you're staying there forever."

Jisung banged on the car's window and yelled about something, but nothing was audible anymore. It was just an angry quokka slamming his hands on a window.

"Anyways," Changbin turned to Minho, "Just audition once. It'll be fun. College memories, no?"

"Alright..."

---

"You're all here!" Felix beamed at Chan, Ava, and Hyunjin gathered around the theatre, where the auditions were taking place, "I'm so happy to see you all! Thank you!"

"Aww, no need to thank us, baby," Chan smiled a dimpled grin (the author fainted).

Ava and Hyunjin shared a look, and he mouthed to her incredulously, "Baby?!"

As Felix talked to Chan, Changbin's voice boomed in the hallway, "Hey, Felix!"

Felix's attention was diverted, and the freckled boy excused himself politely to attend to Changbin and Minho.

"Hey! Thank you for coming!" he chirped, and Minho smiled at him. Ava looked at him from.her peripheral view, and for a moment, his smile caught her eyes.

Cute- oh, fuck no. He's a menace.

"Where's Jisung?" Felix questioned.

"Oh, he's just not well toda-" Changbin began, but a yell came from the end of the hallway, "YAH!"

It was Jisung, who were you expecting?

The angered squirrel hybrid stomped up to them, and raged, "I WAS STUCK IN THERE FOR TEN FUCKING MINUTES! THANK HEAVENS I COULD UNLOCK THE DOOR WITH MY HAIRPIN!"

"But why do you own a fucking hairpin?" Changbin made a face.

"See these luscious locks? Who's gonna hold 'em back? You?"

"Hyunjin, I guess?" Ava chortled (no apologies given; suffer), and Hyunjin gasped, "Ava!"

The two groups finally laid eyes on each other, and damn, it was war now.

"I'm gonna beat Minho and take the lead role," Ava spoke through gritted teeth.

And Minho was not too late to decide, "I'm gonna show her who takes the lead!"

Oh, dear.

(a/n: you're gonna LOVE the next chapter [i just decided what I'm gonna write next sooo-]

I'm not gonna apologize for the use of moist and chortled. You signed up for this.

HOW WAS THIS??

thanks for reading! I love you!)