Chapter 17: The Author Doesn't Know What To Name This Chapter

Minho was sound asleep in a dreamless slumber when he heard a buzzing noise. Ignoring it, he turned on his bed, wiping the drool off the side of his mouth.

Peace. Ah. Utter peace.

And all of a sudden, there sounded a series of loud beats, followed by a "bultaoreune."

"FIREEEE!"

"WHAT THE-!" he woke up with a start, eyes wide and bloodshot. And in the dark room, shining under the moonlight, was a silhouette of a girl holding up a speaker, jumping on the spot before his bed.

"KIM AVA!"

"WHAT AM I? A PHONE CASE?"

"...huh?"

"WHEN I WAKE UP IN MY ROOM, ROOM!" the song played relentlessly, loud and clear for the Martians to hear and vibe to.

"CAN YOU TURN THAT OFF?"

"LIKE YOU TURN ME OFF? NO, HAHAHAHA!" Ava was having the time of her life.

"IT'S GONNA BE 3 FUCKING AM! WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?" Minho turned on the light, and saw her dressed in pajamas, attempting the choreography of Fire by BTS. It was not a good attempt, by the way.

"I'm inviting Satan to take you back to your original home, you menace," Ava finally turned down the volume a few notches, and placed the speaker beside her. She had a sly smile on her face, just like daddy has before he fucks his babyg-

(The author is digging her own grave at this point)

"This is biological warfare," Minho cried, "You're trying to deafen me so that I can't hear my girls call me 'master'."

"Dude, ew," Ava grimaced, "That was a TMI I did not need."

"That's not even the worst part," Minho had the idea of the decade, "If you stay here, I will traumatize you so much that you'll need to seek a therapist to get over me."

"That's not how you flirt, Playboy McFlirty," her eyebrow icked.

"Why don't you teach me, then?"

"Just... how horny are you?"

"Let me show you-"

"AHHHHHHH!" she yelled to block out his voice, and raised the volume to its fullest. Minho's eardrums were crying by now. Wait, don't visualize that.

"AYO AYO!" the song burst from the speakers, and now, you might ask how Ava was unbothered, standing like an NPC.

Simple! She was used to the volume. That's a skillset that the author needs, among many others.

"OKAY, OKAY, STOP YELLING!" Minho cried, "I told you that you were a 'gone case'!"

Ava stopped jumping and looked at him dead in the eye, "Are you fucking kidding me?"

"What?"

"Are you telling me that I crossed mountains and oceans and valleys and rivers to hear that?" she sighed heavily, "At least cuss someone with conviction!"

"Ava, are you hearing yourself right now?"

"Yes, loud and clear."

"You need sleep."

"Are you the one telling me that?"

"Yes!" Minho shrieked, "Today is one of the only days I get to sleep, and you're seizing it from me!"

"Correction: nights."

"..."

"Get your grammar right."

"GET OUT!"

---

Hyunjin and Ava, the next morning, were in their way to college, and Hyunjin, as usual, had slept his way throughout the chaos. Ava was narrating the entire ordeal to him, "...
And he told me that I was a 'gone case'! Like, really? Just that?"

"What else did you want him to call you?"

"I don't know! All I know is that I didn't break into someone's house just for them to call me that! At least a 'bitch' would have been fine!"

"Yea- wait, you broke into his house?" Hyunjin's eyes shot out of his sockets. Wait, don't visualize that again. The author is evidently too affected by Courage The Cowardly Dog.

"Yeah!"

"How did you even do that?!"

"My dad used to tell me to keep everything simple," Ava began coolly, and then regretted it, "So clearly, that man was on to nothing. I had to work my ass off by carrying my speakers, and then searching for a spare key to their house in the flower vases at their entrance."

"Why would they have a spare key if they're both sleeping inside the house?"

"There's a reason boys die early."

Hyunjin shook his head in disappointment as if he wasn't a 'boy' either.

"Anyways," Ava clapped her hands, "The practice for the play begins from today. Are you excited?"

"Yes! Other than the fact that my Juliet is Han Jisung, I'm excited."

"But this could be a moment wherein you become friends, no?"

Hyunjin scoffed like a stud, "I'd rather eat my own shit."

"That's disgusting, but fair enough."

(a/n: i started studying for my post grad entrance and Literary Criticism is backkkkkk and I'm cryingggggggg-

THANK YOU FOR 20K!!!

How was thisss?

Thanks for reading! I love you!)