Chapter 15: Whaddup, Brotherend?

Jeongin and Seungmin sat in the deserted theatre hall, outside which the students were lined up for auditions. Felix entered the room as a co-rewriter for the play alongside Seungmin, and Jeongin was supposedly the director chosen by the Film Studies professors.

"Are we ready to start?" Seungmin asked, and the two others nodded.

"Come in!"

First came Changbin, who was very not-shy-not-me-itzyyy. He walked onto the stage and introduced himself, "I am Seo Changbin, and I would like to bag the role of Romeo Montague."

"Oh, he knows the full name. Impressive," Seungmin whispered to his co-judges.

"Okay!" Jeongin handed him the demo script, "You have to deliver this dialogue the best you can. You'll be judged on that basis."

"Pfft, easy," Changbin scoffed, taking the sheet, and his eyes almost popped out of his sockets when he read what was on the paper:

"This letter doth make good the friar's words,
Their course of love, the tidings of her death:
And here he writes that he did buy a poison
Of a poor 'pothecary, and therewithal
Came to this vault to die, and lie with Juliet.
Where be these enemies? Capulet! Montague!
See, what a scourge is laid upon your hate,
That heaven finds means to kill your joys with love.
And I for winking at your discords too
Have lost a brace of kinsmen: all are punish'd."

"I have to speak this?" Changbin asked, blanching.

"Yes."

"And I cannot put 'YOHH' somewhere in between?"

"No, you cannot."

"Fuck."

Felix cheered for him, "Go, Changbin! You can do it!"

They say love can make you do things. In GenZ terms, love can let you do epic shit.

So I guess Changbin was not in love.

He read through the lines, and with difficulty in showing emotions, he closed his eyes and started yelling the dialogue at the judges. Once he was done, he opened his eyes to see Felix terrified, Seungmin fallen off his seat, and Jeongin crying.

Changbin sheepishly rubbed his nape, smiling obliviously, "Damn, guys, I didn't do it that well."

"Exactly," Seungmin smiled spitefully, "Next!"

Changbin walked off the stage, and next came Jisung, "Ayo, whaddup?"

"Greetings, brethren," Seungmin did that on purpose.

Jisung's smile faltered, "Yeah, yeah... Brotherend... hahaha..."

Felix provided him with the script, and Jisung was unsurprisingly confident. He began the act with hand movements and an expressive voice. However, toward the end of his performance, he saw a cockroach on the edge of the stage.

That was it for him.

He let out a girlie scream, launching off his spot and almost ascending into the outer space.

Jeongin, who had earlier been crying off terror (courtesy: Changbin's thunderous intro [yes, the author did that]), was now crying tears of laughter.

"Next!"

Ava walked in, and bowing, she spoke, "I'm Kim Ava, and I would like the role of Juliet. I'm going to do my best..." she then pointed a finger at them and shot at them, winking, "Ain't that right, mah lads?”

No one spoke anything.

Embarrassed, she cleared her throat, and asked for the script.

The author is not jobless enough to write down everyone's audition, thanks to the lack of creativity, and insomnia. Half the college went to audition for the roles, and by the end of the college day, at about 6 PM, Felix, Jeongin, and Seungmin emerged from the theatre, looking like they only wished to achieve salvation anymore.

"How was your audition?" Hyunjin asked Chan, and he smiled, "It went well!"

Changbin, on the other hand, asked Minho, "How did it go?"

"It sucked ass."

"Yeah, he probably has experience in that field," Ava smiled bitchily (just made up that word. Shakespeare who?).

Minho crinkled his eyes at her, "You would know."

"Ew, ew, ew," Hyunjin grimaced.

"So, hello everyone!" Felix announced, and everyone collected around the three judges, "We have evaluated all the auditions, and I must tell you that it was a tough decision to choose the roles."

"Yeah, because you all sucked," Seungmin added very politely.

Jeongin nudged him in the gut and spoke to the audience, "We have the final list of the characters, so listen carefully!"

Felix began, "The role of the narrator has been allotted to... Kim Ava!"

Minho snickered at Ava's paled face, "Loser."

"At least it's one of the important ones," she frowned.

Felix announced further, "Friar Lawrence... Park Jay! Benvolio is... Sim Jake!"

Two foreigner students fist bumped in the crowd. It was very awkward.

"Tybalt is... Seo Changbin!" Felix read out.

"At least Tybalt is strong," Changbin shrugged.

"The Nurse... Bang Chan!"

Chan had no idea what to say at this point, "The Nurse?!"

"Suck on that, Bang!" Changbin instigated, sneering.

"Suck on what?!"

Changbin's chortle died down (sorry, this was the last time).

Felix read out further, "Mercutio is... Lee Minho!"

"Who is that again?" Minho questioned, and Jisung shushed him.

"And finally," Jeongin announced, "The main characters!"

Felix was extremely gleeful when he proclaimed, "Romeo is Hwang Hyunjin, and Juliet is Han Jisung! Congratulations on your roles!"

"Are you fucking serious right now..." Minho sighed.

Meanwhile, Hyunjin was agape, and Jisung was questioning the bane of his existence.

"I'm Juliet?! How the fuck?"

"And why is my Juliet a dude?"

The world may never know.

(a/n: THE ROLES!! HAHAHAHAHA HYUNSUNG AS ROMEO AND JULIET IM CRYING

AND EARLY UPDATE!! I'm spoiling y'all like this hehehe~~

How was thissssss?

Thanks for reading! I love you!)