Chapter 18: Shakespeare-sunbaenim

"Okay!" Felix clapped his hands, "So we've talked to the faculty, and everyone participating in the play will have their attendance marked until the day of the event. No worries for y'all!" 

All the included characters cheered for Felix, and Seungmin murmured in a corner in disapproval, "So these are the college seniors." 

Jeongin took the stage in the auditorium they were all gathered in, "Felix, Seungmin, and I have read through the play by Shakespeare-sunbaenim, and the two writers have taken their decision to change the course of the original play." 

"Therefore," Seungmin added, "If you feel like improvising, then don't fucking do it." 

Jake chuckled, and Chan turned to him, "That was a very Aussie chuckle of yours." 

"Oh, I'm Aussie," Jake said, and Chan almost jumped with joy Bugs Bunny style. 

"Shush, seniors," Seungmin spoke dismissively, "We're here to explain your characters to you. First of all, the Narrator, Kim Ava," he looked at her, "You'll have the maximum amount of lines to deliver, since we've removed the Chorus and kept you as the deliverer of the scenarios. Here's your script." 

Ava took her script, nervously saying, "What if I make a mistake?" 

"Then begone." 

"Aight, okay." 

"Next, Romeo!" Felix announced. 

"Romeo Montague," Seungmin looked at Hyunjin, who was on the verge of dozing off, "You are intelligent, sensitive..." 

Hyunjin smirked. 

"...But also very immature." 

His smirk wore off.

Seungmin ignored that, "You are only interested in love, so basically you're a pussy. We made sure to include that in your script. Here's your copy," he tossed the bundled, spiral bounded pages at him, and Hyunjin caught it right in time. 

"Next, we have Han Jisung, who shall be playing Juliet Capulet," Felix spoke, fishing out the set of sheets for him. 

Seungmin took the stage again, "By the way, guys, did you know that Romeo was only sixteen, and Juliet was thirteen?" 

There was dead silence in the entire auditorium for about a minute, before Changbin broke it, saying, "Damn, that era was a pedophilic age." 

"He said the p-word!" Jisung pointed at Changbin, and Minho, who wasn't listening, went, "Peepee?" 

"WHEN WILL YOU GROW UP?" 

Seungmin dismissed the scandal-in-making, and spoke, "Juliet, a member of the Capulet family, was quite young and anxious, but was gullible and trusted people too quickly. However, we made her rather sarcastic... but she's still stupid. Here, Jisung, take your script." 

"Damn, were you talking about Juliet or Jisung?" Hyunjin snickered. 

"Said the immature fool," Jisung sneered at him. 

Ava, who hadn't spoken a single word throughout this ordeal, was finding it hard to stay awake. She kept a hand on a shoulder, leaning on it, and believing that it was Hyunjin, she yawned, "Take me to sleep again." 

"I have better choices, but whatever you say, babe." 

Hearing Minho's voice, she jumped three feet away, "BITCH!" 

"Stop calling me with your name," Minho spoke, smirking. 

"Silence, seniors," Jeongin put a finger to his lips, and Ava suppressed her upcoming roast. 

"Next, Benvolio," Felix spoke, "Jake Sim is playing the role." 

"Okay, so," Seungmin said, "Benvolio is Romeo's friend, and probably the only sensible one in this entire play -- other than Prince Escalus, but he isn't a major character, sorry to whoever is playing the role," and the said random dude from their college that the author didn't bother to name sulked. 

Seungmin continued, "Benvolio is the peacemaker, and he's practically the one to clear up the mess. Here's your script." 

"Next, Tybalt!" Felix announced, "Seo Changbin." 

Changbin proudly walked over to the stage, near Seungmin, and the junior spoke, "Tybalt is Juliet's cousin. He's hot-blooded, extremely rash, and literally challenges people to fights every five seconds. Dude has no brains, only brawns. Take your script already, Changbin." 

Minho and Jisung fell off their seats, laughing. 

"And next is The Nurse," Felix read out, "Bang Chan!" 

Chan walked over to the stage, embarrassed, and Seungmin made it ten times worse, "The Nurse is Juliet's nanny. She has literally breastfed her when she was an infant, so..." 

Chan hid his face, cursing his luck, while Hyunjin nodded, saying, "He does have the tiddies for that." 

Everyone turned to look at Hyunjin, horrified, because no one was expecting that. And here's a good time for an ad break. 

[AD: CHAN PROBABLY READ ROLEPLAYS GUYS, HAVE YOU SEEN WHAT HE'S SENDING ON BUBBLE??? HE'S HIDING SOMEWHERE AROUND HERE ON WATTPAD, AND IM TERRIFIED BECAUSE MANZ BROKE UP WITH US THIS MORNING, DATED BERRY, BROKE UP WITH BERRY, ROLEPLAYED WITH US AS A NERD (WITH ALL THE STAMMERS LIKE DIJBIJBWIOHBFIAOWBOAI) AND THEN AS A BAD BOY (AHHHHHHHHHHHHJDJKDJSNDJOSNIJNDJN) AND I THINK WE SHOULD ALL BE CONCERNED ABOUT HIM AND I NEED TO CALM DOWN] 

Welcome back to the scene! The author totally didn't hyperventilate there, hahaha! 

"Hyun, honey," Ava rubbed his back, "I think you need some sleep and lesser caffeine." 

"Pardoning the mortifying joke," Seungmin spoke, "The Nurse is the one who joins Juliet on all her plans, and is practically who set the story on track. Take your script, and keep it away from your tiddies." 

Chan glared at Hyunjin, who just smiled nervously at him. 

"Next, Mercutio!" Felix said, "Lee Minho!" 

Minho rose in pride, and Seungmin said, "Ah! The most appropriate actor that we've chosen for this play! He's Romeo's cousin, but is sarcastic, questions the nonsensicality of the events, and makes bad jokes." 

"What do you mean? My jokes are funnier than your existence," Minho argued. 

"Take the damn script already," Seungmin deadpanned, tossing the script at him. 

"Friar Lawrence!" Felix announced, "Park Jay!" 

A rich-looking guy with a chiseled jawline walked up, and Seungmin said, "Friar Lawrence was supposed to be sensible, but unfortunately, we redid his character. I'm sorry, Jay, but I think that the audience is going to enjoy your characeter more than you." 

Jay grabbed his script, and read through a bit, and petrified, he shrieked, "You made Friar Lawrence a weed addict!" 

"It was Felix's idea," Seungmin pointed at him, and the said playwright nervously laughed. 

"But I'm probably the most sane one in this room!" Jay argued. 

"Suck it up and enjoy. And please don't take it literally." 

(a/n: I am going to be uploading the entire play on my profile as a book called ROMEO AND JULIET BUT GENZ. Please read it and have a good time, because I assure you that you won't be bored for even a second in there. It's actually funny, trust me. Please look out for when I post it! 

And how was thisssss? :D 

Thanks for reading! I love you!)