Chapter 19: Chrizztopher Strikes Again

Seungmin was exhausted. These seniors of his were supposed to be rehearsing for the play, but apparently, everyone was busy on their own. Chan and Jake were fanboying about vegemite, Changbin was headlocking Jisung while Minho sneakily clicked their pictures, Jay was texting someone (it was his mum, don't worry) Ava was reading the script, Hyunjin was fast asleep already, and the random nameless guy who was supposed to play Prince Escalus was picking his nose (gross). 

Felix walked up to Seungmin, and Jeongin followed suit, "What do we do, Seungmin?" 

"I know a gang of goons, maybe they can threaten the seniors-" 

"Seungmin, we don't need to get them killed," Jeongin sighed, "We just need them to practice." 

"Wait," Felix brightened up, "I have an idea." 

As Felix walked over to Chan, Seungmin called out after him, "I still have those goons on my speed dial!" 

Felix approached Chan, who was on the verge of squealing over the idea of 'a shrimp on the barbie in the arvo', and he called, "Hey, Chan!" 

Chan turned to him, and all of a sudden, his name was Chrizztopher, "Hey, cutie!~" 

The freckled boy spoke, "I was, um, wondering if you could start rehearsing? I'm really tired of the lousiness around here, and so are Jeongin and Seungmin. What could us juniors possibly do to make you all practice, you know?" 

Chrizztopher stood up, tucking a stray lock of hair behind Felix's hair, and seductively spoke, "Ah, don't you worry about that, sweets. I'll make everyone work right now." 

Meanwhile, Jake was watching this happen with a bombastic side eye. 

Chan clapped his hands, alerting everyone all of a sudden. The gross nameless dude had now begun cleaning his ears and was examining his earwax when the author decided that it was ultimately gross and she should take this part out when she edits it. 

[Author, editing: Fuck you, I won't] 

Jisung stopped struggling when Changbin decided to un-strangle him, and Minho groaned at the end of his Oscar-worthy short film of seeing Han Jisung getting headlocked. Ava paid attention to Chan, and smacked Hyunjin with her script, and he woke up with a start, gasping like an anime girl when she gets pinned to the wall by the male lead. Jay stopped texting his mum, leaving aunty at a cliffhanger about the future aspects of his marriage (manz is like 20 but oh, well). 

"What is it?" Changbin asked. 

"What are we here for, guys?" Chan meant it as a rhetorical question, but oh, no, not in this story! 

"For catching up on my beauty sleep!" Hyunjin launched a response. 

"For flunking classes," Jisung was very valid. 

"For a deep cleaning of the human body!" the gross random nameless guy shot, and the author wants to put him in a disgusting-ew-chee-chee jail. 

"No, my friends!" Chan continued nonetheless, "We're here to contribute to the play! We have our characters, so why not try acting away?" 

"Question," Minho began, "What if we are bad at acting?" 

"Well," Seungmin spoke, "You're acting like an asshole right now, I bet you would act well as a parodied character, too." 

Ava snickered. 

"Then let's do it!" Chan cheered, and everyone cheered along. Meanwhile, Hyunjin rubbed his eyes, yawning, "Are we in the Trojan War or something?" 

"Okay! So the Prologue of Act 1 will only be done by the Narrator," Jeongin read out from his notebook, "Kim Ava! It's your chance to shine!" 

Ava climbed up the stairs, and read out her lines in an animated narrator voice, which sounded more like a local Santa Claus, but it was still entertaining, "Two houses, stranded amidst Verona,/The plight of our students, so we lay our scene;/This era was never affected by Corona,/A play like this, thou hasn't yet seen.

"Whoaaa!" Felix wondered around, "She's good at this!" 

"Main character privileges," the gross random nameless guy shook his head, doing... something gross, let's not even talk about it, ew. 

Minho watched as she read out her script in an almost-perfect manner, and he sighed, unlocking his phone to scroll aimlessly. However, he found himself listening to her while he swiped the screen from left to right without opening any app, and even chuckling at the stanza she was delivering. 

She's good at it, yes -- he reluctantly agreed to it, frustrated; because she was nothing more than just his noisy neighbor, right? She was just a pain in the ass, right? 

But when she finished delivering her stanza, he found himself clapping for her. 

(a/n: oh, look! guess who decided to update this after a wholeeee month! :D 

WE'RE AT 30K+ NOW WHAAAAAAAAT 

I almost thought I'd lost my funny bone, but your incoming comments made it easy for me to stop thinking that way. I adore you all for that!! 

Thanks for reading! I love you!)