Chapter Twenty Two

Potato took a step closer to Yeet just as she took one back. They continued this song and dance for awhile until the blonde man became distracted by a distant voice calling out.  "Should we be following you guys or what?" Lua shouted across the vast desert. Potato turned around, facing the direction of that annoying voice and realized they had traveled about 600 ft away. He quickly turned his attention back to Yeet, his eyes becoming even darker.  The water being smiled back at him.

"Are you leading me to someone who can help me?" Potato demanded, staring daggers into the happy face looking back at him. "Nope!" Yeet grinned, "I was just following your lead."

Potato lunged at the goddess, aiming his hands towards her throat. He was tired of everyone's incompetence. Yet Yeet responded by immediately transforming back into the Oasis, dragging Potato underwater and within her.  He struggled beneath her waves but could not break free. "No," he growled. "You don't get the chance to play games with my mind anymore." The water was getting colder by the second. Soon enough he'd be frozen solid.

Just as he felt his fingers freezing over, Yeet changed back, sucking the water into her eyes once more. Potato was standing in the desert again, forcing himself to ignore the flood of new memories as he tried to think of a way to get his hands on this water demon. The remaining men had rushed over at the sight of the faraway standoff, sensing the tension growing under the hot sun. Not necessarily because they wanted to help but because there wasn't much else to do in this empty landscape. They may as well watch the show.

"Can someone please help me?" Turtles called out as he slowly dragged himself across the sand, left behind by the others.

Yeet felt that familiar pang of pity as she watched the young man glaring at her. She could see behind his dark look and recognized the pain behind him. He was in great need. She smiled again and twirled around him, a thin trail of water flowing and swirling through the air behind her.

"I can help you," she sang to Potato cheerfully, "if you and your friends can solve my test."