Chapter Twenty Five

Yeet landed on the ground in front of the men, sucked the water back in her eyes, and smiled proudly. "I can't believe you managed to pass my test," she beamed at the group. Stinky stepped forward; his hands on his hips, ready to lecture Yeet on her behavior. "Don't ever pull that shit again." His face was flushed from exertion but otherwise unreadable. He was trying to shove the memories of high school math class from his mind. Potato rolled his eyes at the moron before returning his gaze to Yeet. "You said you'd take us to this magical friend of yours," he impatiently reminded her.

The Oasis nodded her head, feigning a serious expression.  She wasn't going to make a fool out of them again. "Of course I did," she agreed, standing tall and playfully saluting Potato. "But first I need to secure our ride there," she explained as she took a step away from the group. Potato reluctantly allowed her to back up, keeping a close eye on her next move.

Yeet began twirling, giggling as drops of water spun around her. She was using her water to transform once again. This time, however, she did not return to the Oasis. Lua gasped and clung tightly to Mike Tyson's arm as they watched the strange water being grow towards the sky. Her humanoid body was now lost in the swirling liquid as her waves shapeshifted into a water dragon. Her new form twirled through the air before landing with a loud thud on the dusty desert ground. The group remained in stunned silence until Lua let go of Mike Tyson's arm and stepped forward cautiously. “So… you're a dragon?” he asked tentatively.  A faint orange glow started emanating from the watery monster as Yeet stood up fully on four legs.

After a moment the dainty boy returned to his ever-judgemental self and extended a finger towards Yeet's back. The liquid beast turned her head in the direction Lua pointed. "How are you going to fly with those?" Lua questioned, acknowledging the significantly small wings resting below Yeet's shoulders. He knew that people seemingly weighed less in water but the proportions were way off. Yeet looked down at Lua after inspecting her miniature wings. "Those are just for show," she grinned, her lips stretching to expose rows of razor sharp teeth. Sleepy shuddered at the sight, clinging desperately to Stinky. "I don't know if I want to experiment anymore," the scared boy confessed.

"That's alright Sleepy; we'll do just fine flying without wings," Yeet assured, ignoring the mix of horrified and amazed stares from the rest of the group and moving onto other matters. "I am going to be able to get us to the strange creature you all wanted to meet so badly," she informed them before shooting a wave towards the men and dragging them onto her back. Sleepy frantically tried to find something to hold onto but he was only surrounded by water and other confused men dealing with similar issues. "We are going to drown before we even get there," Sleepy gasped, his head bobbing barely over the surface. The goddess rolled her eyes and redirected her current to push the needy men towards their silly oxygen.

Lua busied himself by inspecting the tiny wings and mocking the water dragon once again. Yeet, however, remained unfazed as she readied herself for take off; counting to ensure all her passengers were onboard before beginning her ascent. The men felt the vibrations before they noticed themselves rising towards the sky. The shaking was gentle at first but quickly became more unhinged as they gathered more distance from the ground.

"What is happening?" BranChan's teeth chattered against each other from the frenzied movement. Yeet ignored him and continued ascending. Once they were above the sand dunes and stray rocks that covered the land below, the tremors intensified. Sleepy was floating above the water as his legs dangled loosely around the dragon's neck. Yeet easily kept them afloat without much thought and focused her attention towards their destination instead of her needy passengers.

Through the sky, they soared. No wings were necessary for a being as mysterious and strange as the Oasis. The water dragon was aerodynamic by other means: she achieved great heights through the vibrations of her twerking.