Chapter Forty Nine

Potato felt a fluttering in his stomach and growled. Someone, somewhere, was falling in love. It was a small pang, so slight that it held no affect against his power. A world war had been started, people grew more and more hateful. Crime rates increased and Potato basked in it. The hate fueled him, he had reached strengthens never seen before. He transformed with every ounce of hate he absorbed. Slowly he evolved, wings breaking through his back and fangs growing in his mouth. He shed his skin and revealed layers of scales, an unbreakable armor protecting his body. His cucumber fingers remained and he clawed at the earth, howling.

"Who dares to love?" the beast growled, his digging shaking the earth. Sleepy's hourglass tipped over, cracking open and spilling sand everywhere. Mike Tyson rushed towards the scene, heroically carrying Sleepy from the shards of glass and flowing grains. Turtles, still wearing a maid dress, stood at the bottom of the mountainous sand with a broom in hand. "I am never going to be able to clean this up," he sighed.

Mike Tyson ran towards the disappointed boy with Sleepy carefully slung over his shoulder. "We need to get out of here," he shouted over the roaring. The beast spotted the trio, extending a large, cucumber hand towards his prisoners. "You dare abandon me," Potato growled, capturing the men in a single, clenched fist.

"Help!" Sleepy cried, wishing for a miracle. Across the field, a brainless human-sheep hybrid ran around in circles. "Baaa," Grimm cried as he gripped his long shepherd staff for support. The old, decaying man dragged himself further and further from the heart of the herd. The further he got, the clearer his mind became. "You should expect visitors," a message was delivered to the hive. The rows of wool Grimm dragged himself through turned their heads and baaa'd in response. The gatekeeper weakly nodded his head, understanding his purpose.

"I should go greet the guests," the man wheezed. The sheeps bleated their encouragement as Grim slowly made his journey back to the old barn.