Chapter Thirty

BranChan was the first to approach the strange creature. He strode forward with purpose and bent down on one knee. "Magical being," he politely addressed Lamby with his head bowed. The oaf stretched out his arms, his offering lay in his open palms. "I have completed my quest and am delivering you the requested pink flowers."

"Great!" Lamby cheered before stepping forward and feasting on the flowers in his hands. Turtles gawked at the sight. "You just wanted to eat them?" The tiny turtle struggled to hide the disbelief in his voice. The strange creature didn't answer as she began slowly levitating off the ground. The men watched as pink flowers began blooming from her brown tresses.

BranChan's eyes sparkled at the magic happening before him. He prided himself in his contribution and watched in awe as the magical sheep looked down on him. "What do you wish for?" she asked him, long hair flowing in the wind around her like a cape. The oaf cleared his throat and reached for Turtles, still perched on his shoulder. He extended his hands, showing Lamby the tiny creature he carefully held. "My friend is like you," he explained, "I wish for him to not be alone and be with others like him."

Turtles looked up at the giant man, tears welling in his eyes. "You're sacrificing your wish for me?" he questioned in barely a whisper. Lamby stared at the pair, a small smile curved her lips. "It's no sacrifice if it's for the sake of someone you love," BranChan replied with a bittersweet smile.  This would mean goodbye, Turtles would soon find home with others like him.

"I shall take you to your home." Lamby declared as she plucked a flower from her hair and placed it on the turtle's shell. The men were mesmerized as a soft glow was casted over Turtles, engulfing him in a light shade of pink. Turtles met BranChan eyes as the spell began to transform him. The big oaf knew he would miss his shelled companion, he had grown accustomed to his presence the past months. But the little turtle's happiness was more important than his own desire. "I love you," BranChan shouted tearfully at the glowing turtle still in his hand. The pink light had grown brighter around the tiny creature. He could no longer see his friend but he felt him, slowly becoming heavier in his palms.

The remaining men gathered around BranChan and watched as a miracle took place, the pink glow beginning to dim and revealing the spell's affect. Turtles tiny green legs stretched unnaturally, bones breaking and readjusting themselves with each movement. Lua gasped and covered his eyes as the green legs changed colors, lightening to a pale color as they grew longer. He hid his face against Mike Tyson's chiseled chest and questioned if his short lover's legs would also need to break in order to gain new heights.

Turtles' head began transforming next,  elongating until the neck became thicker. His jaw grew broader and sharper. His eyes opened to reveal a dark shade of brown. Bran adjusted his grip on the growing creature, holding him tightly in his arms as he continued to change. The shell began to splinter, large cracks running in every direction. The sound echoed through the field and the men cringed when they heard Turtles scream. They all waited anxiously for the sounds of more bones cracking or turtle flesh ripping to come. The men stared with wide eyes as the shell turned to dust in Bran's hands before their very eyes. The remains disappeared into the air.

As the dust cleared, they took in the strange sight before them: a naked Asian boy held in Bran's arms, looking around the group in confusion.